MAXSUN Lists GeForce RTX 4090 MGG OC 24G with Five Cooling Fans

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MAXSUN has listed the GeForce RTX 4090 MGG OC 24G, a new flagship NVIDIA graphics card that offers not two, not three, but a total of five cooling fans for what is presumably greater cooling performance. According to a list of specifications, this GPU features a maximum boost clock of 2,580 MHz, which would make it a bit faster than NVIDIA's $1,599 reference model. The GeForce RTX 4090 MGG OC 24G will presumably not be sold in the U.S., with MAXSUN being a Chinese NVIDIA partner.

See full article...

I'd have to hunt for it again but I think I saw a review of this card, maybe it was a 4080 version, on GN but it might've been somewhere else. It was about 6-months to a year ago. Those extra fans, largely due to the shroud design, ended up being useless or even detrimental. I remember whoever it was doing a total teardown, disconnecting the fans, doing testing with or without and complimented the overall quality but said there were some design issues that prevented this from achieving a more impressive performance result.

Become a Patron!
Back