NVIDIA GeForce RTX 50 Series Expected to Feature Samsung GDDR7 Memory

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 50 Series will likely feature GDDR7 memory from Samsung, according to a new article from BusinessKorea that discusses how Samsung has already been providing samples of its new memory to NVIDIA for use in its next-generation hardware. Micron, which supplies the memory for the GeForce RTX 4090 and other Ada Lovelace graphics cards, reportedly won't be unveiling its GDDR7 memory until 2024. NVIDIA previously relied on Samsung for its GeForce RTX 30 Series.

See full article...

I imagine with their AI cards that Nvidia will be able to consume from both vendors.

I read an interesting article not too long ago, something I didn't know:

For all it's appliances and consumer electronics and their foundries and other technologies, Samsung is also a huge RAM company. About 1/3 of their business is just RAM and it historically is one of their largest business units, trading with Phones/Networking products as ~the~ largest by revenue.

So much so, that a RAM surplus this year has declined Samsung's total profits by 96% Q1.

The "read between the lines" thing there is be ready for a "natural disaster" soon to hit one of the factories.

The "read between the lines" thing there is be ready for a "natural disaster" soon to hit one of the factories.
I'll pick this: a guy trips on cord, pulls the switch as he falls into a cart with the last remaining supplies of water available for the foundry, and a mysterious USB drive containing a virus lunches out of his shirt pocket which then manages to insert into the mainframe just as an earthquake hits.

May not be everything but I think I covered most of it. How much do I win on the sheet for that one? :)

I read an interesting article not too long ago, something I didn't know:

For all it's appliances and consumer electronics and their foundries and other technologies, Samsung is also a huge RAM company. About 1/3 of their business is just RAM and it historically is one of their largest business units, trading with Phones/Networking products as ~the~ largest by revenue.

So much so, that a RAM surplus this year has declined Samsung's total profits by 96% Q1.

Yeah I consider them, SK Hynix, and Micron to be the big three RAM manufacturers.

Hahahahaha yeah, another "natural disaster" is about to hit soon. What will it be this time guys? Floods? Drought? Earthquake? Hurricane? Maybe a factory fire? Maybe this time they'll get creative and say it was an attack by supernatural extraterrestrials or something.

I'll pick this: a guy trips on cord, pulls the switch as he falls into a cart with the last remaining supplies of water available for the foundry, and a mysterious USB drive containing a virus lunches out of his shirt pocket which then manages to insert into the mainframe just as an earthquake hits.

May not be everything but I think I covered most of it. How much do I win on the sheet for that one? :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aiight Samsung, hope you were taking notes, cuz @Peter_Brosdahl just did your work for yah.

Not even that...

"We unfortunately disposed of the last 6 months of product and due to a paperwork misfiling shredded all of it and had it deconstructed back to base materials. At this time we are working with the recycler to recover the materials so we can meet demand. In the mean time this will cause an unfortunate increase in price as the available product can not meet current demand."

Not even that...

"We unfortunately disposed of the last 6 months of product and due to a paperwork misfiling shredded all of it and had it deconstructed back to base materials. At this time we are working with the recycler to recover the materials so we can meet demand. In the mean time this will cause an unfortunate increase in price as the available product can not meet current demand."
I think between the two of us they can now lay off their PR team as we just covered all the angles for them.

Become a Patron!
Back