Thermaltake Releases Ceres 300 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis and ARGENT E700 Leather Gaming Chair in Matcha Green

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Thermaltake has announced that the Ceres 300 TG ARGB and ARGENT E700 are now available for purchase in Matcha Green. Developed in response to the positive reception garnered by the Tower 200 Matcha Green Mini Chassis, the Ceres 300 TG ARGB ($99.99) is a mid-tower chassis with perforated panels that comes with three pre-installed CT140 cooling fans and support for up to 360 mm radiators, while the ARGENT E700 ($1,199.99) is a gaming chair that features real leather and a design by Studio F. A. Porsche. Thermaltake says that more products in Matcha Green (e.g., TH280 V2 ARGB Sync All-In-One Liquid Cooler) are on the way.

See full article...

I'm interested in the chair as its actually a different design than most of what's out there now. The vast majority of them are one of three designs.

I can't stand chairs with bolsters.
That chair looks uncomfortable just looking at it. Me being a bigger guy would not want something with that high of sides/bolsters on the seat area. I just picked up a Respawn Spire Ghost chair, and besides me removing the uncomfortable headrest the chair is very good.

Last edited:
I just......what purpose do all those bolsters serve on a computer chair?

I'm not a big person, so they don't interfere with my body width. But, seriously, are people falling out of their chairs while gaming? I get pretty drunk while gaming sometimes and have never fallen out of my chair.

Me neither. Only recently quit drinking but I've had my share of binges while gaming and no, not once has that happened.

Unless it has a mount point for some sort of sim rig that moves the chair around... it's useless

Not gonna lie - I have no idea what a bolster is on a chair. Even googling it - best I could see is a butt cushion?
I don't either, but from conversation context I presume it to be the wings on the seat and back. I feel like an old fekker and remember when we chopped down the tree to make a stump to sit on. All these new fangled terms ... bolster! :rolleyes:

I don't either, but from conversation context I presume it to be the wings on the seat and back. I feel like an old fekker and remember when we chopped down the tree to make a stump to sit on. All these new fangled terms ... bolster! :rolleyes:

That's precisely what bolsters are. You see them in high performance cars. They're designed to keep you in place, from sliding all over and out of the seat while cornering hard.

Can't say I've ever experienced lateral forces while gaming.

I just......what purpose do all those bolsters serve on a computer chair?
Sometimes with extreme gaming, the virtual g-forces can make you fall outta your chair. If you are playing racing games or flight combat games, a chair with bolsters is basically required.

Not gonna lie - I have no idea what a bolster is on a chair.
As a car enthusiast I've been hearing talk about seat bosters for decades (mainly side bolsters) when it comes to performance vehicles.

You see them in high performance cars. They're designed to keep you in place, from sliding all over and out of the seat while cornering hard.
Yeah, exactly. What he said.

Can't say I've ever experienced lateral forces while gaming.
Then you haven't been gaming hard enough my friend. I'm talking about EXTREEEEEEEME gaming. When you and the game become one, what happens in game will affect you in real life. Someone didn't pay enough attention in his college Psychological Physics class!

When you and the game become one, what happens in game will affect you in real life.
I was also thinking it could happen with some of those other special games that are mostly only found on Steam. You know, the kind that could really affect you in real life should a girlfriend/wife/partner catch you playing.

You know, the kind that could really affect you in real life should a girlfriend/wife/partner catch you playing.
A high back thick chair may come in handy for those situations as the back of your head maybe an easy target, and then those bolsters would hold you in place so you don't fall out of the chair should a lucky strike occur.

Become a Patron!
Back