iRocks Launches K74M Mechanical Keyboard with White Backlight and Hot-Swappable Switches for $74.99 in Black or White

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Those needing to purchase a full-size wired keyboard have another option as iRocks launches its K74M mechanical keyboard. The K74M is a bit of a rarity in the keyboard market these days in that it not only features all of the standard keys which have increasingly been disappearing of late but also that instead of full-on RGB the keys are simply illuminated by a white backlight. Clearly, iRocks is aiming the K74M at those who are primarily interested in a more professional usage scenario but also gamers who may not need RGB overkill and may use their PCs for more than just gaming.

See full article...

Is... is that a full-size keyboard?!
Yep, while typing this one up this morning I had that voice from those '80s movie trailers inside my head the whole time, "Imagine, if you will, the return of a long-forgotten artifact returning to save the masses. Coming this summer . . ."

Seriously the thing keeping me from getting one of these is the lack of a wireless option.

I honestly never seen the fad about mechanical switches/keyboards. I prefer a quiet keyboard and try to go membrane style when I can.

That's the best looking keyboard ive seen here in some time. :). Man if I was in the market SOLD.

I admit that I'm mixed about mechanical keyboards. On one hand, I do sometimes like the feel/pressure of them but can absolutely hate the sound. On the other, I've got a Logitech K800 that's around 10+ years old and it is my favorite beyond anything I've used in the last 10-20 years. I'm dreading its passing. The #1 key on the keypad was giving me some grief the last couple of weeks but magically is back to working again this morning.

I will add though, I really like the look of the K74M and would give it a try if it had wireless capability.

If you like the feel of mechanical, but don't want the sound, try MX Clear switches. Tactile feel with zero click. The brown's are a close second.

I've had Browns, the Silver Speed switches, and Reds in my current one.

Brown has been my favorite so far, and it's a tossup between that or trying the Clears in my next keyboard (hopefully that's a few years out). And I can't say enough about my Ducky keyboard - best one I've ever owned, by far, if you just want a keyboard and none of the BS.

I've read similar things about the brown switches as I've begun researching this more over the last year or so. My only direct experience with mechanical switches thus far has been the Cherry MX Reds in my MSI GT80 Titan laptop. I like the feel but wow they are loud.

I have brown's in my Corsair K70. While they are quiet'ish, I did the o-ring mod which made them a lot quieter.

Become a Patron!
Back