FSP Is Upgrading Its Entire 2023 ATX 3.0 PSU Lineup with the New 12V-2×6 Power Connector Which Will Be PCIe 6.0 Compliant

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The follow-up to the 12VHPWR connector is on its way as FSP is upgrading its 2023 ATX 3.0 power supplies with the new 12V-2x6 connector. The 12VHPWR connector has continued to receive criticism since its launch with the NVIDIA RTX 30 series GPUs. Since its debut, there have been a dizzying amount of reports regarding melting cables and connectors during which PCI-SIG was already said to be working on an update for it. The 12V-2x6 is the update, and we have more details about it here. Meanwhile, FSP, which has released a number of different ATX 3.0 power supplies featuring the 12VHPWR connector, is moving full steam ahead in updating its lineup with the 12V-2x6 update. Per a press conference covered by QuasarZone the updated lineup will begin launch during the 2nd half of 2023.

See full article...

I will say I have had my first FSP power supply I got back late last year and its impressed me so far. There was a very low amount of power supplies that were PCIE 5.0 compliant when I got my 4090, but I'm glad I found this unit when I did. I'm glad that FSP seems to be leading the charge (pun intended?) on these newer power supplies as well.

I will say I have had my first FSP power supply I got back late last year and its impressed me so far. There was a very low amount of power supplies that were PCIE 5.0 compliant when I got my 4090, but I'm glad I found this unit when I did. I'm glad that FSP seems to be leading the charge (pun intended?) on these newer power supplies as well.
Same here.

Become a Patron!
Back