Epic Games Chief Creative Officer Donald Mustard Announces Retirement from the Company

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Epic Games Chief Creative Officer Donald Mustard announced on Friday that he'll be retiring at the end of September after nearly 25 years of employment in the industry. Donald notes involvement with a number of games spanning from Advent Rising in 2005 to the creation of ChAIR Entertainment which launched the Infinity Blade Trilogy, Shadowblade, and developed Undertow for Xbox, and then, of course, the multi-billion dollar (20B as of 2022) behemoth MMORPG phenomenon, Fortnite. Epic CEO Tim Sweeney responded to Donald's announcement with support by saying "Thanks for amazing times and accomplishments at Epic!"

See full article...

Never even heard about the listed games, let alone the guy.

Epic games didn't do creative work since Unreal, change my mind. (Unreal II was outsourced)

Infinity blade was essentially a tech demo for Unreal on iOS. It was pretty thin on gameplay - but then again, on mobile it’s hard to get too deep. It had pretty graphics for the time

Never heard of him, but if he was a Colonel in the military, I might have a Clue ...

Oh sh1t, he was involved in the development of Advent Rising and Shadow Complex? Now that is interesting. Huh, even worked on that old series BloodRayne. In any case, I heard he was one of the main guys behind Fortnite, so he can f*ck right off for all I care. Of course it's not like his departure is gonna save Epic, and return them to the glory days of Epic MegaGames. That company is beyond f*cked. Another one of the old greats that now lies in ruins, and Tim Sweeney done lost his dang mind. Canceling UT4 when it was still in alpha was the last straw for me. Doesn't Tencent own a very large share of Epic these days? Nothing good ever comes from them being involved with a game company.

Oh sh1t, he was involved in the development of Advent Rising and Shadow Complex? Now that is interesting. Huh, even worked on that old series BloodRayne. In any case, I heard he was one of the main guys behind Fortnite, so he can f*ck right off for all I care. Of course it's not like his departure is gonna save Epic, and return them to the glory days of Epic MegaGames. That company is beyond f*cked. Another one of the old greats that now lies in ruins, and Tim Sweeney done lost his dang mind. Canceling UT4 when it was still in alpha was the last straw for me. Doesn't Tencent own a very large share of Epic these days? Nothing good ever comes from them being involved with a game company.
Tencent is the herpes of gaming companies. Once they get involved nobody wants to touch the blistered flesh of their product.

Become a Patron!
Back