AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Offers 46% Faster Performance Than NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 in Starfield: “Disproportionately Taxing”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD's previous-generation (RDNA 2) Radeon RX 6800 XT, when paired with a 12th Gen Intel Core i9-12900K processor, offers up to 46 percent faster performance than the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 for Starfield on similar hardware at ultra settings. This is according to a new, 32-minute analysis of the game that Digital Foundry shared over the weekend, a portion of which demonstrates how Starfield, Bethesda's first new world in 25 years, performs "bizarrely worse" and is held back by "disproportionately poor" performance for those who are running NVIDIA or Intel graphics. The discrepancies have raised concerns about how some of today's sponsorships are affecting triple-A game releases.

See full article...

On the other hand, if you saw DF's recent coverage of the game on PC, maybe you don't wanna switch to an nVidia or Intel card...

This is just like all the TWIMTBP games that performed worse on AMD.
I mean nvidia help "optimize" games to work on their cards at AMDs detriment, why is AMD doing the same some "bizarre" thing?
After all this had to work well on the very hardware limited consoles.
The concerns over sponsorship should have been raised long ago.

It's interesting that bad or inefficient DX calls are borking Nvidia cards more than AMD cards...

Makes me want that 7900xtx even a little bit more. lol

Techspot results are similar to DF, but the difference is not as large.

Become a Patron!
Back