Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition with Burning Shores DLC Launches for PC in “Less Than a Month”: Report

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
When will Sony end its habit of keeping PlayStation games exclusive to its consoles for years before putting them on PC? Very soon, apparently, as bilibili-kun, the leaker best known for leaking PlayStation offers in advance, is reporting that Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition—a new version of Guerrilla's action-adventure sequel that includes the Burning Shores DLC—will be coming to PC in "less than a month from today" via Steam and the Epic Games Store. Horizon Forbidden West originally launched for the PS4 and PS5 on February 18, 2022, just a year and a half ago.

See full article...

If true, awesome news indeed! Sorry but if this comes out before the holidays I'll probably drop Starfield until I finish this and come back to it after.

I expect this game to be mid at best. I'll get it eventually, but likely not at launch / at launch price. First Starfield, then Phantom Liberty, then maybe I'll go mad a bit over armored core, and if nothing else comes in the meantime, then maybe I'll try this.

Phantom Liberty comes in less than two weeks, it is unlikely I'll even finish Starfield by then. The deeper I get into it the more I like it.

Yeah, SF could be one of those 60-80 hour games even without the full grind if one puts time into just doing exploration.
Yeah I'm 32 hours into it and barely did any free roaming yet, and haven't touched the faction storylines. And if I had to guess I'm probably less than halfway through the main story.

Yea of the SO approves me getting the 7900xtx I'll probably dive into starfield too. It's a treat time for games I like. Bg3, starfield, horizon forbidden West, the cp 2077 expansion. Wow...

Yea of the SO approves me getting the 7900xtx I'll probably dive into starfield too. It's a treat time for games I like. Bg3, starfield, horizon forbidden West, the cp 2077 expansion. Wow...
Yeah, it's been a while since I had so many new games I wanted to play as well. I pretty much got the hardware, or at least good enough for my needs, but so little time. . .

Ah yes, very good, keep the Sony-exclusives comin'. Still waiting for GoT (well not me personally cuz I sadly already went through it on console, and since that's where my save data is, that's also where I'm gonna have to play the DLC) and God of War 5. Recently got R&C: Rift Apart from a friend for my berfday, but I'm sitting on that one until more patches come out. Plus I'm in the middle of quite a few other games anyways. I swore after HZD that I was not gonna play another game in that series on console, so even when a friend offered to let me borrow his PS5 and his copy of HFW I said "no thanks, gonna wait for the PC version". Didn't matter if it came out years later. And then of course I also wait for a good sale price. I don't buy old games for anywhere near full price. When a console version of a game regularly goes on sale for $20 or $30, they smokin' some good crack if they think I will pay $60 for PC launch price of the same game. But yeah, if Sony wants to bring these PlayStation exclusives over to PC sooner rather than later, not gonna see me complain.

All y'allz keep talking about Starfield, and some of my friends too, maaaaan I got no clue when I will get around to that game. And I don't think I'm even gonna touch BG3 at all. Too scared, the game is too big and too deep. I still got CP2077 somewhere in the queue too, never mind its expansion. And like @Peter_Brosdahl basically said, there's never enough time...

I guess I should finally probably play the first one
It's a decent game, I played it on a PS4 Pro and it looked amazing, that's when I said PC games better get their act together.
The rest of it is not very interesting, repetitive robot hunting in a mostly empty open world. There are a few cool locations but the game has pacing issues and difficulty spikes.

It's a decent game, I played it on a PS4 Pro and it looked amazing, that's when I said PC games better get their act together.
The rest of it is not very interesting, repetitive robot hunting in a mostly empty open world. There are a few cool locations but the game has pacing issues and difficulty spikes.
See I just had a good time and the world felt realistic and immersive. Everything wasn't bunched together with one long constant fight to go anywhere normally. So I appreciated that aspect....

Though... part of it DID have a fallout vibe.

I enjoyed the graphics, some parts of the story, music, atmospheric feel as it changed from day to night, and of course the late great Lance Reddick. I felt his voiceover here was amazing and really added a lot to the character. Combat was meh but I'm not really into combat more than what is needed.

Since I played the first one with a controller, it was a struggle for me...
EXACTLY why I just can't do that again for the sequel. I have always said that me trying to play an FPS or 3rd-person shooter with a controller is like a drunk baby is playing. HZD requires far too much aiming accuracy and has a strong dependence upon precise shots, especially with the targeting of the various parts of the animal-bots and such. I could barely manage with a DualShock 4 (and when it comes to controllers I prefer Microsoft and Nintendo shiznit, never cared for the DualShock series but 4 was the best).

It reminds me of playing the Halo games on PC and finally being able to make use of the high-precision/long-range weapons, and just how much the whole experience drastically changed for me after so many years just cuz I was able to use proper input tools. There on PC I had no problem playing on the hardest difficulty (except the first two games which are impossible on that difficulty, so I did next one down which is still a level above normal), but on console I could barely get by on normal difficulty. For HZD I didn't have to lower the difficulty during my run through the game, but there are points where I probably should have. I honestly have no idea how I managed to get through the whole thing, DLC included.

The DLC was especially rough for me cuz I had been away from the game for a good while. When I first played the game, the DLC wasn't out, and I had borrowed a friend's PS4 and his copy of the game to play through it. Years later I got my own PS4 Pro and a copy of the game ($10 brand-new) which came with the DLC. Trying to play that sh1t after I had been away from the game for years was so f*cking painful. The learning curve would have been significantly reduced on PC. My save file was on PS4 though, so that's what I had to use. But yeah, no more of any of that please. I'm done with a controller for this series. Don't want any more of that pain.

I'm done with a controller for this series.
I'm done with a controller for any game at this point. Maybe with the exception of fighting games.

I used to break controllers twice while playing through a game on PS4 / PS3.

I'm mostly a controller person but that's also because I'm left-handed and K+M is a total cluster f for left-handers. Sure you can go in and reconfigure everything but that becomes a total pia after a bit so I've mostly given up on it. There are a few exceptions but for the most part, I stick to controllers.

I do both, I'll use controllers for running around and navigating and melee combat stuff but when you get into weak points and such I just set the controller down and use my kb+mouse. AT least that's what I did in Zero Dawn.

I use controllers for racing/driving games. Don't really play anything else that needs a controller.

Become a Patron!
Back