ASUS Filing Teases Over 60 AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT and RX 7700 XT GPUs, including ProArt Models in White

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
How much does ASUS love RDNA 3? A lot, it seems, as a fresh filing from the EEC suggests that the manufacturer may be releasing over 60 new Radeon RX 7800 XT or Radeon RX 7700 XT graphics cards, including ROG Strix, TUF Gaming, and ProArt models. ASUS' current lineup of ProArt GPUs only seem to be available in black, but that's set to change, according to the filing published on September 13, which hints at "PROART-RX7800XT-T16G-WHITE" and other SKUs.

See full article...

I thought you couldn't be an AIB for both nVidia and AMD at the same time?

I guess if you are big enough "they" aren't going to tell you no....

Off the top of my head, I know that MSI, GIGABYTE, and ASUS are but I'm pretty sure there are a couple of others as well.

Also, I wouldn't put too much into the "over 60" filings. This is business as usual for overseas. Manufacturers do this all the time. Mostly the filings are placeholders for what might get released but usually, only a fraction do. They also will sometimes release region-specific cards which is where some of these variations come from. I've lost track of how many GIGABYTE EEC stories we've had and I know we've never seen 30+ cards from GIGABYTE get released in a gen cycle.

I will put this out there. Under normal market conditions AMD's fine wine effect on with driver updates for video cards normally doesn't have time to actually make an impact on Nvidia because Nvidia normally has moved on to another generation of cards by the time that happens.

We may see a time where Nvidia lets AMD catch up and get close to parallel if not improved performance compared to Nvidia. And it is very much Nvidia doing this to maximize development dollars on their AI business. They are making advances on the video card side as a side business don't get me wrong. But they have no real pressing NEED to incur the costs of rolling out a new generation of video cards yet, hence the 2025 forecasted release window.

So we might see some overall parity between AMD and Nvidia. (Excluding the 4090... unless it drops substantially in price in the near future.)

Become a Patron!
Back