Intel Confirms Arrow Lake, Lunar Lake, and Panther Lake Processor Lineups Will Begin Launching in 2024 and into 2025

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The next round of processors following Meteor Lake have been revealed as Intel confirms Arrow Lake and more to begin releasing in 2024. While much of Intel's Innovation 2023 has focused on AI the CPU manufacturer did manage to squeeze some time in revealing its processor roadmap for the next few years. Intel has been hard at work in developing its next generations, a number of which have been in the news over the last year but more details have been provided about the next three generations, Arrow Lake, Lunar Lake, and now Panther Lake.

See full article...

Yeah, it looks like things will be a bit more exciting toward the middle-end of 2024 for Intel.

I'd say it depends on pricing, and efficiency.

15th-gen will be another platform, and if MCM like AMDs 7000-series Radeons, may not offer as much a boost as we're hoping for.

And if a 14700K can best a 7800X3D in 1.0% lows, then I'll swap one in place of my current 12700K.

For the next year I think I'm going to stick with my 5900x cpu and just get my video card upgraded... when I'm ready to do my cpu since it will be CPU motherboard and ram all in one go, I'll see who fits the build desires I have and go with them. I've never had a specific brand allegiance.

I'm pretty committed to sticking with my 5800X3D builds. So far, it's been an incredible ride with that CPU. I know Phantom Liberty is boasting to push it to its limits but we'll see. I spent 10+ years using Intel processors for my builds and I'm fine with doing another but they really have to dial in a significant performance increase combined with power efficiency. I'm not into having a 5+ GHz 12 or 16-core processor consuming upwards or over 300W.

I'm pretty committed to sticking with my 5800X3D builds. So far, it's been an incredible ride with that CPU. I know Phantom Liberty is boasting to push it to its limits but we'll see. I spent 10+ years using Intel processors for my builds and I'm fine with doing another but they really have to dial in a significant performance increase combined with power efficiency. I'm not into having a 5+ GHz 12 or 16-core processor consuming upwards or over 300W.
der Bauer's direct-die stuff for AM5 SKUs just hit retail in the states - I'd happily roll a 7800X3D with that, which would guarantee consistent high boosting, along with a 4090. Before considering 14th-gen, of course, which I might do direct-die with as well.

Wattage is only a big deal if you're running AIOs or air, as fan speeds must surge and NVH is sacrificed. And that's because it's hard to get the heat off the CPU die through the IHS.

Level1Techs showed a Sapphire Rapids build putting 500W through a dinky 92mm Noctua tower meant for 4U cases a few months back :)

I'm pretty committed to sticking with my 5800X3D builds.
I'm thinking the same with my 13600K as it's been a great value cpu after selling off my 13900K. I have been thinking about an extra system again as I have everything but a cpu and graphics card. I don't really need anything that will run high end games or anything so maybe when these new 14th gen chips hit the market then the 13th gen will drop again in price and I can snag another 13600K or lower.

Become a Patron!
Back