Resident Evil 4 Story DLC “Separate Ways” Launches for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Capcom has announced that Resident Evil 4 story DLC Separate Ways is now available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. The new DLC, which, similar to the original, stars Ada Wong and costs $9.99, is complemented by the release of a new content update for RE4's The Mercenaries mode, bringing Ada Wong and Albert Wesker to the extra game mode at no additional cost. Capcom released a launch trailer for Separate Ways a few days ago that shows off some of the action that players will encounter in the new DLC, which was announced a week ago during a PlayStation event.

See full article...

Steam has the base and deluxe version of the game on sale right now. I went ahead and got this plus the deluxe which came to ~60 so essentially the full game and I'm pretty happy with it. I used the following mod to add DLSS and UW support to it and it works like a charm (also grabbed the latest 3.5 dll for it). The nice thing about this mod is that you can set the DLSS level and if using a UW screen there's a slider for FOV/AR.

Using the above mod I've been able to crank everything to max, including quality level to 200%, and both 3090 TI's and the 4090 can render this game to ridiculous FPS w/o breaking a sweat. This using the DLSS Quality setting at 4K and 5120x1440.

After so many good reviews for the main game, and then I read a few about this DLC, combined with the sale and I love playing these games in the fall/winter, I felt it was time to dig in. So far, not regretting it, and once again I have to give credit to the REngine for being so dynamic and efficient, except they still won't natively support DLSS but it's a pretty easy fix. The DLC is said to be only about 4-6 hours long but at $10 that's not too bad and reviews have also said it includes parts from the original game that were not in the remake.

I finished playing the main campaign yesterday and did as much of a grind as I could. I can see why so many consider this one of the best in the franchise. Graphically I'm very impressed by it and, as always, the RE Engine continues to outperform many others while showing its scalability across multiple platforms. I don't know how they do it but I am always impressed at how good some things look while not tanking FPS (granted I used the above mod to use DLSS Quality). Looking forward to playing this DLC on the weekend. If you like these kinds of games and can get the whole game for a discount I do recommend it.

I have to give it one other prop for the audio. I mostly played this in the cave with 5.1.2 Atmos/3D audio and it was incredibly immersive to hear everything in the environment doing its thing. Hearing the various things sneaking around long before I could see them was incredibly suspenseful and it was fun moving around to find out where the sounds were coming from.

Become a Patron!
Back