Halk Hogan Releases Starfield HD Reworked Project 1.0 Improving Environmental and NPC Textures

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Players wanting improved visuals need look to no further as Halk Hogan Releases the first HDRP pack for Starfield which weighs in at just under 600MB. The HD Reworked Project aims to overhaul many of the game's textures including environmental, such as terrain, fabrics, fire, and more, but also NPC facial textures as well. Halk has stated that performance should not be affected and GPUs with 6GB or VRAM should not experience any issues in using the 1.0 pack.

See full article...

If I wasn't already burnt out on this game I'd install this. I do think it looks pretty good. Maybe later.

I keep reading this as HULK HOGAN. If there isn't a new NPC for Hulk Hogan that is introduced as part of this that constantly talks about his 22 inch thick biceps... and does the whole shaky hand thing after getting dropped in combat... this is missing something vital.

If I wasn't already burnt out on this game I'd install this. I do think it looks pretty good. Maybe later.

I'm getting there, but not yet.

I have about 92 hours into it thus far. I feel like I am close to finishing the story quests (but you never know until you are there).

I'm kind of farting around doing side quests right now, because I know as soon as I beat the story quests I am going to completely lose interest.

I never understood how some people can complete the story quests in games like this and then just keep going. To me it is all about the story quests. Always has been for every FPS-RPG game I've played.

I never understood how some people can complete the story quests in games like this and then just keep going. To me it is all about the story quests. Always has been for every FPS-RPG game I've played.
I would say that for players like me. The depth of content that exists and the cool finds that have nothing to do with story quests are a huge win in Bethesda Fallout/Skyrim games. I hope to add Starfield to that list with the hidden gems so to speak.

As a player I'm explore, story, advancement, content type. I get enjoyment in that order.

I would say that for players like me. The depth of content that exists and the cool finds that have nothing to do with story quests are a huge win in Bethesda Fallout/Skyrim games. I hope to add Starfield to that list with the hidden gems so to speak.

As a player I'm explore, story, advancement, content type. I get enjoyment in that order.

ha, meanwhile I took just one "planet scan" mission from the Constellation Board, gave it an honest try, never finished it and was like "eff that".

Whenever my ship fills up with resources I just dump them in the infinite storage in the lodge. I have a ton of **** in there, but 92 hours in I have yet to craft anything or build any outposts :p

Like, I don't rush through the story quests or anyhting. I follow up on most side quests, but just aimlessly exploring procedural generated planets bores the crap out of me.

ha, meanwhile I took just one "planet scan" mission from the Constellation Board, gave it an honest try, never finished it and was like "eff that".

Whenever my ship fills up with resources I just dump them in the infinite storage in the lodge. I have a ton of **** in there, but 92 hours in I have yet to craft anything or build any outposts :p

Like, I don't rush through the story quests or anyhting. I follow up on most side quests, but just aimlessly exploring procedural generated planets bores the crap out of me.
Pretty much the same here. I managed to finish an easy planet scan but after trying to do about 3 or 4 I gave up. I've done about 2 or 3 dozen side missions so far and I'm maybe 1/3 into the main quest.

So, I applied this last night.

I think it looks a little better, but honestly, unless you are doing side by side screenshot comparisons, I'm not sure it is really that noticeable.

On the flipside, it has made some of the texture load stutters worse for me, and this is even with the replacement patch loading from a separate 2TB Samsung 990 Pro than the rest of the game, so there should be plenty of drive bandwidth.

I'm probably going to wind up removing it again, as I find th eload time stutters to be a bit annoying.

Thanks for reporting back. Your systems are pretty beefy so that's good to know.

Thanks for reporting back. Your systems are pretty beefy so that's good to know.

Well, It's kind of all over the place. Storage-wise and GPU wise it is pretty beefy, and I have lots of cores, but those cores are two generations old now, and I am still on DDR4. :p

I'd probably have a better experience in this game on a much cheaper 13900k with DDR5 RAM. :p

So, I applied this last night.

I think it looks a little better, but honestly, unless you are doing side by side screenshot comparisons, I'm not sure it is really that noticeable.

On the flipside, it has made some of the texture load stutters worse for me, and this is even with the replacement patch loading from a separate 2TB Samsung 990 Pro than the rest of the game, so there should be plenty of drive bandwidth.

I'm probably going to wind up removing it again, as I find th eload time stutters to be a bit annoying.
Sorry to hear that. I've been too busy to try it but I had great experiences with Halk's Witcher packs, but then I didn't start using them until around ver. 10 or so (they went to over 12.0).

I'm sure you've already done it but make sure you're using the latest NV driver. They enabled ReBar a few weeks back and that could help with some things.

Sorry to hear that. I've been too busy to try it but I had great experiences with Halk's Witcher packs, but then I didn't start using them until around ver. 10 or so (they went to over 12.0).

I'm sure you've already done it but make sure you're using the latest NV driver. They enabled ReBar a few weeks back and that could help with some things.
I thought rebar had been enabled forever?

I know AMD did it forst, but I thought Nvidia had enabled rebar support for a several months now.

But yeah, I updated drivers before starting my playthrough of Starfield to make sure I had "game ready drivers".

I thought rebar had been enabled forever?
Nope, at least in terms of games, it's on a case-by-case basis. Some games get it at launch but some are not for weeks (this), or months (Dead Space Remake, Witcher 3 Enhanced) later. I always recommend to those willing to tinker in order to gain a few FPS for a demanding game to check via NV Profile Inspector and enable it if it's not on. Sometimes helps long before the update comes out, sometimes makes thigns worse but is easy enough to turn back off.

Become a Patron!
Back