Newegg Launches GPU Trade-In Program: Up to $561 in Credit for AMD and NVIDIA Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Newegg has launched a new trade-in program that allows customers to trade in an eligible GPU in exchange for a credit toward a new GPU. Twenty NVIDIA and seventeen AMD GPUs from the GeForce RTX 20, GeForce RTX 30, Radeon RX 5000, and Radeon RX 6000 Series are eligible, according to the program's landing page, including the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti and Radeon RX 6950 XT, which can be traded in for up to $561 and $375 of credit, respectively, toward the purchase of a new GPU. Customers can access the program by going to a GPU product page and clicking on the "Check Your Trade-In Value" button, while the full terms and conditions for the program can be found here.

See full article...

Yea... just checked the trade in. If anyone wants to buy my 6800xt for 300 bucks let me know. I'm using it now but looking to order a 7900xtx this Friday.

Also I would rather sell it to someone that wants it locally as opposed to Newegg selling it as a 'refurbished' unit to someone and making more on it.

Further, the process does not credit you. They give you an 'estimate' online and if you go to purchase you still pay the entire purchase price. BS.

Last edited:
Yeah, I checked on this last night as well. Ironically the one thing I'd be interested in trading isn't on their list, my EVGA 3090 Ti. EVGA drops off their list with the 3090. I'm going to reach out because I'd be interested in the $561 trade-in value toward another Liquid Suprim X 4090. I wasn't looking to do an upgrade but spending ~1200 for another one of those is a decent price.

Yeah, I checked on this last night as well. Ironically the one thing I'd be interested in trading isn't on their list, my EVGA 3090 Ti. EVGA drops off their list with the 3090. I'm going to reach out because I'd be interested in the $561 trade-in value toward another Liquid Suprim X 4090. I wasn't looking to do an upgrade but spending ~1200 for another one of those is a decent price.
the issue is you pay full purchase price, the value they give you is an 'estimate'. And as with ALL of those orgs the company they have on the line to actually give you the price has no reason to actually meet the estimate.

I'm waiting to hear how people got totally screwed by newegg (again).

Yeah, I think I'll just pass on this unless I hear some good reviews about it. I'm in no hurry to upgrade anything anyway and NE doesn't have the best reputation. I did the step-up program with EVGA and they were fantastic but I've got my doubts about these folks.

It was kind of bugging me that they didn't list EVGA for the 3090 TI 's so I just did a chat with them and here's what they said. I have the same model as the one Brent reviewed here which also got rave reviews from many other tech sites. It's a good card and I'm not really interested in offloading it otherwise but I was curious why Newegg wouldn't want it.

1695855397089.png

I'd consider it the next time I upgrade.

It really depends on where the trade-in value is compared to market value at the time. I'd be willing to take a 25-30% hit on the price so I don't have to deal with the bullshit of shady buyers, and transaction fees, but any more than that, and I'd probably pass.

As it stands right now, I rarely even try to sell anything that nets me less than ~$300. It just isn't worth the effort and annoyance. This might rectify that a little bit.

Become a Patron!
Back