CableMod Releases Updated 12VHPWR 90-Degree Angled Adapter with CEM 5.1 Female Connector

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
When will people stop complaining about CableMod adapters melting their GeForce RTX 4090 and other pricey NVIDIA GPUs? Maybe soon, as the company has released a new version of its 12VHPWR 90-Degree Angled Adapter that's been updated with the new CEM 5.1 female connector—a new design overseen by PCI-SIG that features sense pins with a more substantial offset (.45 mm vs. 1.7 mm), implemented to reduce the chances of what some fear could be a dead GPU, or, worse, a house fire. CableMod's new adapters are available in Black, Gold, Purple, Pink, and other colors for $39.90.

See full article...

Here's hoping this fares better than the last one. I quit going to their Reddit page after a while due to all the posts about melted adapters and so on. It just got too depressing and even led to me not ordering anything. I think they are a good company but wow there were a lot of posts.

I tried using the old design with my 4090, but sadly it did not work.

The EK waterblock has a recessed slot for plugging in the cable, and the 90 degree adapter simply did not reach all the way down, and was blocked by the plexi surround...
1696467969134.png

1696467994257.png

Become a Patron!
Back