RoboCop: Rogue City Demo Launches on Steam Ahead of November 2, 2023 Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
"B*tches, leave." Developer Teyon and publisher Nacon have announced that a demo for RoboCop: Rogue City is now available on Steam, allowing fans of the franchise to test the Auto 9 around Old Detroit and more before the game officially releases on November 2, 2023. RoboCop: Rogue City will cost $49.99 when it launches next month, according to the game's Steam listing, although an Alex Murphy Edition is also available, featuring early access, RoboCop's blue armor from RoboCop 2, and other bonuses for $10 more. Actor Peter Weller reprises his role as RoboCop in this new game.

See full article...

If I can remember to do I think I'll give this a shot on the weekend.

Game is ok. Still needs optimizations. Especially with cutscenes. My system was hitching pretty hard. Game play was fine. Still a few bugs in the demo. But the characters and voice acting is on point for the theme.

What's a demo? lololololo

off topic side note = logged into steam to get this, and see an ad for Diablo 4... coming to Steam 10/17. Why would Bliz do that.... and do you still have to do battle.net for matching.... I are confused by this move.

Game is ok. Still needs optimizations. Especially with cutscenes. My system was hitching pretty hard. Game play was fine. Still a few bugs in the demo. But the characters and voice acting is on point for the theme.
I read this morning that the devs are prepping an update to help improve things a bit.

What's a demo? lololololo

off topic side note = logged into steam to get this, and see an ad for Diablo 4... coming to Steam 10/17. Why would Bliz do that.... and do you still have to do battle.net for matching.... I are confused by this move.
Yeah I had seen that here: https://www.thefpsreview.com/2023/10/04/diablo-iv-is-coming-to-steam-on-october-17-2023/
Even if you have to still use the Battle.Net service (which is all it should have ever been), I'd be very happy if after Microsoft buys them they get rid of the f*cking Battle.Net launcher software.

EDIT: Ah, you saw that article already, cuz I saw you posted in the thread for it: https://forums.thefpsreview.com/thr...-to-steam-on-october-17-2023.14047/post-77122

Played through the demo. Wasn't bad at all. Sometimes I wondered at the graphics but they were dated in some places for feel as it clearly demonstrates in the cutscenes. I'll also say it poured some heat into the GPU and CPU. More CPU than GPU to be honest. Specs in sig. My drivers are saying my Average FPS in the game was 75.3. And I do use Radeon Chill especially with new games to keep the FPS within the 144hz response range of my monitor.

I played it for a little bit last night. Stuttering is pretty bad but that's what I read about yesterday so hopefully, a patch is forthcoming.

I agree the graphics are not the best but I can tell that Nacon cares about the material. The sad part is that in 2023 I don't feel this is a $50 game, maybe $30 at most. I'm not mad at them and it's not the crapfest we've seen with a number of other releases this year but it does need a bit more work before folks can really enjoy it more. I was surprised to see it supports DLSS 3.5 and Framegen though.

I played it a bit more the other day and did have fun. This will be on my radar once the price drops. Here's hoping they can make a sequel with a bigger budget/more resources. I'm not saying the game is great but if you're a fan of the character it's pretty easy to drop in and have fun with.

Become a Patron!
Back