Cyberpunk 2077 Live-Action Project Announced by CD PROJEKT RED and Anonymous Content, Producer behind True Detective and Mr. Robot

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Is Keanu Reeves and/or Idris Elba about to get even more work? Maybe, as CD PROJEKT RED (CDPR) has announced that it is collaborating with global media company Anonymous Content to develop a live-action project set in the world of its best-selling sci-fi RPG, Cyberpunk 2077. While this project is still at an early development stage, CDPR has confirmed that it's already begun its search for a screenwriter to come up with a story, which will apparently be a brand-new one that isn't a mere adaptation of the video game. True Detective, Mr. Robot, The Revenant, and Spotlight are some of the critically acclaimed projects that Anonymous Content has produced, according to CDPR's press release.

See full article...

This could be interesting... For some reason I bet it will be on apple TV.

I don't think they can afford them, a live action project is a full time commitment, unlike a videogame where it takes 2 hours to scan their face and then they can record their lines in a recording studio locally. And to be frank I'd prefer a fresh story, with new characters anyway.

I don't think they can afford them, a live action project is a full time commitment, unlike a videogame where it takes 2 hours to scan their face and then they can record their lines in a recording studio locally. And to be frank I'd prefer a fresh story, with new characters anyway.
You don't think a studio funded by someone like Apple could afford Keanu?

This could be an awesome comedy/horror if they replicate the various spawning glitches of the game.

Oh man.... who else suddenly wants to see a zombie outbreak version of CP2077. Cybered out literal zombies coming out of the woodwork. The Cyberpsyco squad tearing *** until one of them gets infested... and so on. Driving through the streets dealing with constant zombies... leading to a way to save the city. Then a Zombie survivor mode where they start spawning like earlier versions of the police and just coming out of the wood work. Attacking everyone around you turning them into more...

I kinda want to see that mode now...

You don't think a studio funded by someone like Apple could afford Keanu?
Why do you think it would be funded by apple, even if it released there? Which is unlikely considering their last project was on netflix.

I'm sick of zombie/mutant/pandemic-type shows and movies but I still enjoy them in some games, but I am very particular about it.

Become a Patron!
Back