Starfield Players Can Now Build Their Own Frontier Spaceship with Bethesda’s 3D Printing Files

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
How cool would it be to own a copy of the Frontier, Starfield's first and most recognizable spaceship? Really cool, actually, which is why Bethesda has released new 3D printing files that allow those with the proper hardware, patience, and painting skills to create an accurately detailed, albeit much smaller, 12-inch version of the Nova Galactic Discovery-class ship that's given to the player at the beginning of the game by Barrett, Constellation's engineer. A print and assembly guide for the Starfield Frontier, which comprises 22 pages of gluing instructions, paint colors, and more can be found here.

See full article...

I extensively dug into 3D printing at my job about ten years ago when it began gaining popularity and it is kind of cool but way too slow and too much work for my tastes. Resin only, huh, I sort of get it but you can still do a lot with filament-based printing.

I extensively dug into 3D printing at my job about ten years ago when it began gaining popularity and it is kind of cool but way too slow and too much work for my tastes. Resin only, huh, I sort of get it but you can still do a lot with filament-based printing.
The major advantage of resin printing is that the print doesn't have to support itself while printing, so you don't need to worry about overhangs, gaps and supports, basically anything goes as long as it fits within the print area. It also emits toxic fumes while printing, and uses a lot more power. Plus when I got into printing resin printers were much more expensive than an entry level filament printer.

I'd definitely go for a resin printer if I was buying one today.

The major advantage of resin printing is that the print doesn't have to support itself while printing, so you don't need to worry about overhangs, gaps and supports, basically anything goes as long as it fits within the print area. It also emits toxic fumes while printing, and uses a lot more power. Plus when I got into printing resin printers were much more expensive than an entry level filament printer.

I'd definitely go for a resin printer if I was buying one today.
I'd add too that I remember back then that they could have much better resolution as well. We couldn't afford one but I did a lot of work with a pair of Z-Morph's while researching many others for a number of years.

Become a Patron!
Back