Elon Musk Threatened to Burn Warner Bros. Down If Amber Heard Was Fired from Aquaman Sequel

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Amber Heard has had the fortune of reprising her role as Mera in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom despite all of the controversy that she has sparked following her defamation trial with Johnny Depp, and if there's one person to thank for that, it's Elon Musk. This is according to a new report that Variety published today, which discusses how Aquaman star Jason Momoa and director James Wan both tried to get Heard fired, but Warner Bros. was compelled to keep her around after Tesla's CEO sent a "scorched-earth letter...threatening to burn the house down" if his ex-girlfriend was booted from the film. It's unclear how much screen time Heard has in the final cut of Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, but the new film, which also sees Patrick Wilson and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II back as Ocean Master and Black Manta, respectively, is out on December 20, 2023.

See full article...

He could always do what he has done with Twitter to them.

What, offer more than it is worth on a dare, only to have them call him one it, and for him to halve the value of the company in a year?

The former Twitter shareholders made off fantastically in that deal. They have no reason to complain.

A tone who owns a company would be overjoyed to have some bigmouths fool overpay for their shares, WB's shareholders would too.

Just like every company, they aren't in the filmmaking business, they are in the money making business, and if someone offers to pay them above market value for their shares, they make more money. They won't protest.

There is probably a long line of shareholders out there who can't wait for Musk to come overpay for and tank their company next :p

Last edited:
And then subsequently run it into the dirt.
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, but auto-correct got the better of me.

Edit: Fixed.

And that's kind of my point though.

The shareholders are who matter in a company. The board reports to them, and is given the direction to make the shareholders as much money as possible. How that happens, the shareholders don't care about, so if it happens by selling the company at above market value to some wealthy buffoon who doesn't know what he is doing, then that's fine. They are the bosses. The board then directs the CEO to pursue this approach if it is available.

The only people who lost out in the twitter deal were the lowly workers and middle managers, and overpaid as they may have been, you don't expect the shareholders and executives to really care about them do you? As far as they were concerned the Twitter sale to Musk was a smashing success. The same would happen at WB.

The shareholders are who matter in a company.
You aren't wrong. But there are people who invest in a company for other than purely financial reasons.

A lot of people invest in the place they work. Some people Activist-invest and put their money into companies or causes they believe in. Some people have to believe in the vision of the company or it would have never even got off the ground in the first place.

That's probably a minority position, and most are just out to make a buck, but it's not universal. I bet the Warner brothers themselves would roll over in their graves to see Musk crap all over the hard work they put into building up that enterprise (not that they haven't tried themselves with stellar hits like Wild Wild West and Batman and Robin).

Because MUSK is wealthy enough to have direct market influence over a company like Warner Bros. His expendable net worth is more than the net worth of WB. Checking market cap WB is at 26.x billion. Not chump change. But someone as ego driven as Musk with a net worth over 100 Billion is more than capable of making more stupid ego moves.

does anyone care about Amber Heard anymore?
Evidently, some "part" of him does.

There was a time I looked forward to this movie but now I don't even care anymore and I expect it to flop just the same. I do admit that we both enjoyed The Flash and the 2nd Shazam movies but that doesn't mean I have high hopes for this. Amber, well, I didn't think much of her in the 1st one and can't see how she'll somehow make this one any better and the fact that they still keep jacking its release date doesn't inspire confidence.

does anyone care about Amber Heard anymore?

Honestly, I had never heard of her (no pun intended) until the bed pooping court case hit the news.

This is the first I have heard of her since.

To say there was ever a time I cared about who she was or what she did would be a lie.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back