Grand Theft Auto VI Has Been Rated MA 15+ in Australia for “Strong Sex Scenes” and “Strong Drug Use”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
When is Rockstar Games planning to unveil Grand Theft Auto VI? Sooner than expected, possibly, as the Australian government has revealed that its classification board has already rated the game, having given GTA VI an MA 15+ rating for "strong sex scenes" and "strong drug use"—two warnings that are unlikely to surprise anyone who has any inkling of experience with the action-adventure crime franchise that has been running strong since the original 1997 classic. According to the classification listing that can be found on classification.gov.au, GTA VI was actually rated by the Australians many months ago, in April 2023.

See full article...

I think placing this rating on a GTA game is pretty safe bet. You know, if past GTA games have been anything to go by

Well at least Australia is 15+, pretty sure here in the USA it will be rated 17+.

Surprised it's 15+. GTA's are rather adult oriented.
I believe ratings in austraila are quite different than the rest of the world. MA 15 is basically the same as 17+ elsewhere. There is only R that is above it.

Yep, ratings have different meanings/restrictions in various parts of the world. When I lived in Norway in the mid-80s they were fairly lenient on nudity and sex in films but the slightest amount of violence received more restrictive ratings.

Edit: Just to add, I remember stories about the little girl that was in Poltergeist visiting there and it came up in media that she was too young to see the movie she was in due to its rating because of violence in the film.

An aging brain cell just kicked in. It wasn't the little girl in Poltergeist but Drew Barrymore in ET.

An aging brain cell just kicked in. It wasn't the little girl in Poltergeist but Drew Barrymore in ET.
ET was rated PG, so not sure that was it. I remember seeing it in the theater with my mom when I was like 5

ET was rated PG, so not sure that was it. I remember seeing it in the theater with my mom when I was like 5
Yep, our ratings don't mean much over there. I can't remember for sure but I think it was the equivalent of PG13 or maybe 16 over there due to the chase scenes at the end. I'm not exaggerating they were really tetchy about certain types of violence in films back then. I don't know about it now though.

Become a Patron!
Back