Netflix Plans to Launch Its First Permanent Retail Stores in 2025, Featuring Ticketed Shows, High-End Dining, and More

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Isn't the whole point of Netflix not having to leave the house? Apparently not, as the streamer has announced that it will be opening its first permanent retail sites in 2025, prompting fans of its content to get off the couch and visit brick-and-mortar locations that feature attractions inspired by their hit movies and shows. Netflix House, as the locations will be called, is set to feature a mix of retail, dining, and live experiences, according to a quote picked up by Bloomberg (alternate link), allowing visitors to further immerse themselves in worlds that include Stranger Things and more. An early taste of Netflix House can seemingly be found at Netflix at The Grove, a new pop-up store that Netflix is launching tomorrow in Los Angeles with limited-edition merchandise from Stranger Things, Bridgerton, Squid Game, and other popular series.

See full article...

Wait... what the ****? So you would buy... a season pass to the theater to go and watch shows... I mean I can see the value for an out of the home thing to go and do... maybe ok food prices to boot. I just don't see it being a big thing.

Netflix has the problem of having near ubiquitous market saturation and to maintain growth they need another way to make money. And covid emptied out a lot of theaters. They can buy a few contest the theory then scale up if it's wildly and sustainably successful. But I'm seeing them take a first quarter of heavy traffic for the new thing, calling it a unmitigated success... then blowing billions to take over many more defunct theaters. And failing hard.

Become a Patron!
Back