LinkedIn Suffers from Another Round of Lay Offs: Nearly 700 Employees Cut from Microsoft-Owned Company

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LinkedIn has announced that it is cutting almost 700 employees for reasons that include revenue growth having slowed over the past two years. The business and employment-focused social media platform, which Microsoft acquired in June 2016, shared the news as part of a new October 2023 Update that was published today, explaining how 668 roles from its engineering, product, talent, and finance teams are being reduced. LinkedIn says that it is providing full support to those who have been laid off, ensuring that they are treated with care and respect, while CNN has shared a copy of the internal memo that has been going around to employees, drafted by LinkedIn executives Mohak Shroff and Tomer Cohen, offering a further breakdown.

See full article...

Seems like a lot of MS owned companies are seeing some attrition both gaming and non gaming. I think MS is tightening the belt a tiny bit.

There will be just a few companies soon enough for most computing. Only exception might be games, with the indie scene remaining, and studios coming and going.

I haven't kept track of all the layoffs but I thought I heard about something with Github but I could be wrong. I also wonder about Skype now.

Other properties MS owns that you may not realize: Skype, Nokia, Github, Mojang, Rare (after a failed bid to buy out Nintendo directly), WebTV (remember that?), Yammer, Pando, Havok (physics engine), Minit

Interestingly enough, MS no longer owns MSNBC

Other properties MS owns that you may not realize: Skype, Nokia, Github, Mojang, Rare (after a failed bid to buy out Nintendo directly), WebTV (remember that?), Yammer, Pando, Havok (physics engine), Minit

I didn't know they owned Nokia, Github, and the Havok physics engine!!! Never heard of WebTV, Yammer, Pando, or Minit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so MSNBC is no longer owned by MS? So uuuhhh they need to remove the "MS" part of the name then.

I was aware of Moojang, and skype, I'm still damning them to hell for shutting down MSN messenger and folding it into skype.

Become a Patron!
Back