MSI Launches a New AI-Powered Gaming Desktop Line Featuring Intel Core 14th Gen Processors

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
AI has taken over PCs as MSI launches a new line of AI-powered desktops featuring Intel Core 14th Gen CPUs and NVIDIA RTX 40 series GPUs. MSI has combined its Frozr AI cooling technology with Intel's latest processors and NVIDIA's flagship RTX 4090 GPUs to create the new desktop line optimized for both gaming and AI-generated content (AIGC). The combined technologies are said to provide significantly lower temperatures with improved performance. MSI has launched the new lineup with the overseas debut of the MEG Trident X2 14th aimed at AIGC and gaming along with the MPG Infinite X2 14th, which has a greater focus on gaming.

See full article...

That is literally nothing other than a freaking NAME. There is no actual AI feature here... no AI installed running backend on the system. This is just stupid.

I can't remember exactly, without pulling up the tech docs from Intel, but I thought they have some kind of AI component/feature with 14th gen. In regard to NV we know that the tensor cores can be used for select AI items. In terms of MSI AI, major doubts there since I think it's all just programming for system cooling and monitoring but in the end I believe this is what they are trying to capitalize on with marketing which again is running wild with branding and catchphrases.

It's inevitable I guess. I still remember how when Blu-ray's came out that everything from hygiene products to kid's toys seem to appropriate HD or Blue for a time in marketing.

Become a Patron!
Back