Hear John Rhys-Davies Reprise His Role as Lord Gimli Lockbearer in The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Independent developer Free Range Games and publisher North Beach Games have announced that actor John Rhys-Davies is reprising his iconic role as Lord Gimli Lockbearer for its new co-op survival crafting title, The Lord of the Rings: Return to Moria. Rhys-Davies, who recently returned to play Sallah in Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny for Lucasfilm and Disney, can be heard as Gimli in a new official opening cinematic, which runs for 2 minutes and offers a peek at some of the other Dwarves and locations that players will find in the game launching on October 24 for PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring will celebrate its 22nd anniversary this December.

See full article...

I agree, that had a huge impact on me, with the Ghostbusters video game, and combined with the story that purposely integrated things from the first two movies, made it feel like a 3rd movie that completed a trilogy.

I also remember playing Return of The King and The Two Towers on PC and PS2 back in the day and those games also had the actors reprise their roles. I had a lot of fun with those games since they added some parts from the books that were not in the movies.

Become a Patron!
Back