Starfield Adding NVIDIA DLSS 3 Frame Generation and HDR Controls Next Week, AMD FSR 3 Coming in Future Update

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It's been nearly a month since Starfield received its last update, but players can rest assured that Todd hasn't forgotten about the game yet. In a tweet dated today, Bethesda Game Studios confirmed that it will be rolling out a new update for Starfield next week, and while no exact date was given, it will feature the official implementation of NVIDIA DLSS 3 and Frame Generation, a long-requested alternative for boosting performance versus AMD FSR 2. This patch will also include HDR controls for supported systems, presumably allowing players to better calibrate brightness and black levels, as well as additional optimizations and improvements. Bethesda didn't say whether this update would include an eat button for food, which was previously promised back in September, but it did also promise that AMD FSR 3 was coming as part of a future update.

See full article...

Honestly I'm more interested in FSR3. I've been through the game once up to level 80 slogging it out... but now I'm starting a NG+. Being able to do that with FSR3 to see the difference.

Honestly I'm more interested in FSR3. I've been through the game once up to level 80 slogging it out... but now I'm starting a NG+. Being able to do that with FSR3 to see the difference.
I'm waiting more for DLSS (obviously), but also not jumping into NG+ until I hit lvl 100 as well.

I'm waiting more for DLSS (obviously), but also not jumping into NG+ until I hit lvl 100 as well.

I've pretty much concluded that I don't want to mess with NG+. I'm finishing as many side quests as I can in the first playthrough. I may start an NG+ game just to check it out, but I doubt I will actually spend much time playing it.

Understand that every NG+ will be different and it isn't what you typcially expect from NG+. They are actually treating it differently than just do everything the same again... unless you choose that route.

Become a Patron!
Back