LIAN LI and PC Master Race Launch the O11 VISION Showcase Tower with Three-Sided Tempered Glass, Enabling an Unobstructed View

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LIAN has announced that the O11 Vision is available for pre-order beginning today at an MSRP of $139.99 for the black version and $149.99 for the white version. A Chrome version of the O11 VISION will also be available at a later date, for the same price as the white version ($149.99).

See full article...

As nice as it can be to see the hardware I think 3-sided is a bit too much and in imho it ends up looking funky. I like symmetry and you tend to lose that with these kinds of designs.

oh and I love how the vertically mounted GPU looks like is flush against the side panel. I'm sure there's some clearance, but yeah, good luck and that thing breathing.

Yeah... definitely not a 'performance-oriented' option.
I have used these "glass" cases like the 011 and the NZXT H9 flow and they do not have good air flow at all. This new case with the solid glass top is just asking for excess heat to gather at the top as it will get trapped up there.

I have used these "glass" cases like the 011 and the NZXT H9 flow and they do not have good air flow at all. This new case with the solid glass top is just asking for excess heat to gather at the top as it will get trapped up there.
I have the O11 XL - but with a custom loop, with two 360mm rads on the bottom and side intakes.

In that configuration it's pretty nice, but with just air or AIOs, not so much.

I have the O11 XL
I had that case as well and actually ran an air cooler and it did just fine. The normal 011 Dynamic didn't really have the greatest height clearance for air coolers so you were limited.

This new case with the solid glass top is just asking for excess heat to gather at the top as it will get trapped up there.
I have zero doubt that over time the heat will cause particulate matter to stain the top panel before the others, similar to an oven window effect. The heat may be exponentially less but given enough time I'm sure it'll still happen.

I had that case as well and actually ran an air cooler and it did just fine. The normal 011 Dynamic didn't really have the greatest height clearance for air coolers so you were limited.

yeah my 011 XL with a 280 AIo and some be quiet fans runs cool enough, I also have the regular 011 PCMR and that one was a bit of a hotbox due to it's smaller size but works for my more modest AMD machine well enough.

Meh, while cool and computer guts are computer guts.

Meh, while cool and computer guts are computer guts.
Yea the cases these days are maid... to be photographed.

I remember when PC cases were still metal boxes. With elements designed specifically around noise reduction. (Antec Sonata line anyone). Some had fancy paint jobs but really that was it. Nobody actually cared what the internal hardware looked like. If you wanted to show off you would get little button stickers to put on the outside of your case. You know like car part makers.

Now everyone wants windowed cases because.... it looks good sure but when you're using it do you actually LOOK at your computer? I understand a fancy keyboard and mouse and monitor, even headset more than I understand a super dope looking internal for your PC casae.

Maybe that has led to some advancements in cooling and performance. That's nice. And it's also handy when you have statistics about your system represented in the colors to communicate the overall health of the system... especially for DIY folks.

Outside of that I'm just wondering at it... unless you're streaming... or bringing it to LAN parties (sad and relieved that these are largely defunct mixed bag.. My TG51 case and a 27 inch monitor would be a pain to bring... then again back when I had a 19 inch NEC CRT that was 2ft deep and weighed 50 lbs alone... that wasn't easy.) I just don't see the point.

Not to say I haven't enabled the pretty lights on my case and internal fans and AIO fan's and memory and such... because I have... I still don't see the real point. Sometimes I think about it and go yep they still work because the lights are on... beyond that Not much.

I can see CPU temp on the motherboard post code reader and water temp on the water pump... so yes?
I'll give you that those views are useful. But is the tradeoff of windows in your system worth it compared to a simple intelligent USB screen that could show the same sans the post codes?

I'll be real once I've completed my build unless I'm upgrading something I never look or watch post codes.

I'll give you that those views are useful. But is the tradeoff of windows in your system worth it compared to a simple intelligent USB screen that could show the same sans the post codes?
I haven't done one of these yet, but what bothers me about any such implementation is that it has the potential of messing with system performance due to needing some kind of software to feed it, and to affect inputs due to using USB.

But I really would like this to be a solved problem.

I'll be real once I've completed my build unless I'm upgrading something I never look or watch post codes.
If the readout didn't report CPU temp after post, I probably wouldn't either.

I haven't done one of these yet, but what bothers me about any such implementation is that it has the potential of messing with system performance due to needing some kind of software to feed it, and to affect inputs due to using USB.
A decade ago I might agree with you. But I don't know about you , with modern core counts, and E and P cores, and everything else that CPU's can do... and that GPU's do... I don't feel the need to worry about software interrupts outside of just bad programming. The performance impact of having background tasks gathering and displaying information is minimal at best. Hell my system tray has 23 items in it... what's something more?

Last edited:
I don't feel the need to worry about software interrupts outside of just bad programming
That's the part that I do worry about, though.

Had an instance where Lian Li's fan software, when installed on a system with a crusty Windows install, would cause the mouse to jump up half the monitor height every 20 to 30 seconds. You can imagine that this made many tasks frustrating, but gaming became difficult.

Also things like pauses / stutters under certain apps / games that are noticeable.

Regardless, I prefer minimizing such things as possible. Poorly implemented globally polling software, that is usually apart of a bloated software suite, can stay off my system. I use HWINFO64 when / where I need it and I have Aquacomputer's Aquaero software as well.

HW info has the good information because they have a good database of what sensors map to what based on the hardware detected. Really handy.

Now if you were to take that... and make your own stripped down version that accepted polling for information specific to your system... your own personal HWinfo. But I'm too lazy/not motivated to do that one myself.

Become a Patron!
Back