Sony Officially Reveals The Last of Us Part II Remastered for PS5 with New Trailer and Release Date

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Sony has officially revealed that The Last of Us Part II Remastered will launch for PS5 in the beginning of 2024 and released a new trailer promoting it. For some time there have been rumors that an updated version was in the works for the game that originally launched for the PS4 in 2020. The remastered edition will launch nearly four years after its release, on January 19, 2024. Sony is giving those who own the original version an upgrade path by offering a digital copy of the Remastered edition for $10. Players will also be able to import their game saves over.

See full article...

What about the PC version tho?
Exactly.
Not that I am a fan of the series, but I been hoping for all console exclusives to come to PC for decades. So yes please Sony, do give us more of your scraps.

EDIT:
I realized that in this case, they aren't double-dipping but triple-dipping. Got as many sales as they could from the PS4 version, now they want to sell a specific PS5 version, then finally down the road there will be a PC version to mop up whatever is left of the sales.

realized that in this case, they aren't double-dipping but triple-dipping. Got as many sales as they could from the PS4 version, now they want to sell a specific PS5 version, then finally down the road there will be a PC version to mop up whatever is left of the sales.
I don't mind the 10$ upgrade possibility, currently playing trough the PS5 version of part 1 and having a blast.

I don't mind the 10$ upgrade possibility...
Also I see that they are letting you bring your existing save files over, so that's pretty cool too.

Now I just need Sony to give me a way to import my save files from PS4 to PC.

I don't mind paying a small fee so that I can get a different platform version but otherwise, yeah, it blows if you upgrade hardware and are left with the choice of going w/o or buying all over again. Sadly though, it's a tale as old as the industry itself since I remember how in the 80s new consoles and next gen Atari's/Commodore's came out along with upgraded games for them and your only choice was , usually, to buy again or go without.

it blows if you upgrade hardware and are left with the choice of going w/o or buying all over again
Most games these days are backwards compatible, and on PS5 launch you could actually get a bunch free upgrade patches for games.but those were not remakes/remasters.

Become a Patron!
Back