TEAMGROUP Announces T-FORCE SIREN GD120S M.2 2280 SSD AIO Liquid Cooler

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
TEAMGROUP has announced the T-FORCE SIREN GD120S SSD 120mm AIO cooler designed for M.2 2280 drives and featuring an ARGB PWM fan that can operate from 600-2200 RPM. The water block is made from aluminum alloy with a copper plate. A three-phase 4000 RPM water pump is located in the 120mm radiator and utilizes a porcelin axis which TEAMGROUP says enables efficient low-noise operation. TEAMGROUP's testing has shown PCIe GEN5 SSD temperature improvements by up to 35% when using the T-FORCE SIREN GD120S.

See full article...

I was thinking that given how many PC cases now offer the ability to easily install a 120mm on the bottom of the case this could end up being a far better solution than the odd-looking active cooling fan/heatsinks we've been seeing over the last year or so.

Yep, I remember how many of us went through shock from passive to active cooling for GPUs, then 2-slot, 3-slot, and now 4-slot cards. There's always added costs for speed and power.

Yep, I remember how many of us went through shock from passive to active cooling for GPUs, then 2-slot, 3-slot, and now 4-slot cards. There's always added costs for speed and power.
Okay I may have overreacted a bit now that I think about it.:LOL:

Man when AIO coolers started coming out for CPU's I was totally against it. Now i've been through two... lol.

Okay I may have overreacted a bit now that I think about it.:LOL:
Naw, I get it. I honestly feel the same way but don't see it changing unless something changes where they can get temps down while keeping the performance uptick on track.

Man when AIO coolers started coming out for CPU's I was totally against it. Now i've been through two... lol.
I held off until around 3 years ago when I did the X570/3700K build and have gone off the deep end ever since.

I don't think I would mind the trend if we were seeing massive real world gains.

CPUs when they went to active cooling - huge real world gains. Same with GPUs.

SSDs.... umm.. yeah.. Benchmarks look better, but your real world performance? About the same ...

I don't think I would mind the trend if we were seeing massive real world gains.

CPUs when they went to active cooling - huge real world gains. Same with GPUs.

SSDs.... umm.. yeah.. Benchmarks look better, but your real world performance? About the same ...

Negative, I can feel a difference upgrading SSDs on my main, it's the little things, overall responsiveness, things just act a little quicker and smoother, definitely can tell a difference.

Negative, I can feel a difference upgrading SSDs on my main, it's the little things, overall responsiveness, things just act a little quicker and smoother, definitely can tell a difference.
You can tell a difference between a passive cooled NVME drive vs an active cooled one?

You can tell a difference between a passive cooled NVME drive vs an active cooled one?
I think with the move to active being more of a need going forward generationally it's the same move as CPU's going from passive to active, and from GPU's going from passive to active. The performance is there but the need to remove heat comes with it.

Well, some people can tell the difference in 120Hz and 240Hz. I am not one of those. I’m not saying you can’t notice it or that it’s a placebo effect - I’m thinking the difference is not significant enough for my unattuned senses to notice it.

I haven’t been able to tell a meaningful difference in SSDs since maybe the third or fourth gen of SATA3 models. Maybe if I did side by side testing or upgraded computers more than about every 7 years… but my current PCI 4 nvme doesn’t feel like it boots any faster or loads any quicker than my old 4970k with a SATA3 Samsung in it. And having that same SATA3 drive installed in the new computer, I can’t tell the difference in game load times between the two.

Maybe if I got out a stop watch — like DirectStorage — a “25% speed increase” with load times going from 3.2 to 2.7 seconds …

I can’t tell the difference in game load times between the two.
I find this surprising honestly. I can tell a difference... going back to mass effect as an example. Original HDD version the NPC's could have banter on the elevators. Now... with my PCIe4 drive. They can barely get a line out.

I find this surprising honestly. I can tell a difference... going back to mass effect as an example. Original HDD version the NPC's could have banter on the elevators. Now... with my PCIe4 drive. They can barely get a line out.
Oh there is definitely a difference between an HDD and an SSD.

Just can't really feel one between a SATA SSD and an nVME one.

Become a Patron!
Back