Cyberpunk 2077 Game’s Quest Director Teases Surprise Forthcoming Update 2.1

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Cyberpunk 2077 game's quest director Paweł Sasko took to social media and posted yesterday about an upcoming, unannounced update for the game. Pawel teased fans who quickly began asking questions but did not reveal much except to say that the team had been working in secret for the past few weeks to get it finished. Hopes for a New Game+ feature have previously been shot down though as the developers have said it would be too complex to add so players looking for a different replay experience are still left with just choosing different versions of V for another play-through. The team has said it reveal all in a gameplay stream today and that Update 2.1 will roll out for free for all who own the game on December 5. the same day that the Ultimate Edition gets released.

See full article...

We know there will be 5 new motorcycles, 1 new car, improved bike combat, bike tricks are being added and you will be able to hang out with romantic partners in V's apartments at the very least. We also know they are adding the NCART metro system shown in the E3 and early trailers.

We know there will be 5 new motorcycles, 1 new car, improved bike combat, bike tricks are being added and you will be able to hang out with romantic partners in V's apartments at the very least. We also know they are adding the NCART metro system shown in the E3 and early trailers.
Wall climbing? That was in the earlier demos.

Wall climbing? That was in the earlier demos.
They said they took the feature out long before the game was released. That was no surprise to anyone when it wasn't a feature on launch. CDPR stated that it was something they developed in earlier testing but the way the actual environments were built it didn't work too well. You couldn't move around that well given all the pipes, low ceilings, outcroppings, signage, etc.

Its something they probably had working in the play testing phase of the game's development with place holder assets but ditched it when it didn't work well in the final version of Night City.

They said they took the feature out long before the game was released. That was no surprise to anyone when it wasn't a feature on launch. CDPR stated that it was something they developed in earlier testing but the way the actual environments were built it didn't work too well. You couldn't move around that well given all the pipes, low ceilings, outcroppings, signage, etc.

Its something they probably had working in the play testing phase of the game's development with place holder assets but ditched it when it didn't work well in the final version of Night City.
I wan the HOSS version of the game where every floor of every building is generated (outside of quest space) and populated with POI's and NPC's. that takes two hours to generate when I first launch the game. (You know like 7 days to die does but not 2 hours). So I can look at a building... go inside it... to the 17th floor.. and walk around and kick in doors if I so choose or fight gangers in an extended single shot floor by floor battle through the hallways... you get the idea. ;) No game... EVER has taken the gumption to tackle that level of detail and interactiveness.

I don't expect CP2077 to do something like that... but I can dream!

Because its not realistic at our current level of technology.
I think our current level of technology could do it. Post generated content based on rules for non quest areas. I wouldn't call it easy but I would call it doable.

I think our current level of technology could do it. Post generated content based on rules for non quest areas. I wouldn't call it easy but I would call it doable.
I remember that City of Heroes had something very similar to this back in the day - the difference being it wasn't all open world. You could go into random buildings, but when you entered the building it zoned you to a randomly generated instance. So it wasn't really generating an entire city all at once - it had the outside open world, that had some NPCs and what not, and then particular buildings would get generated on demand - separate and distinct from the outside world.

Become a Patron!
Back