NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Is Reportedly Getting a VRAM Downgrade

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The GeForce RTX 3050 features 8 GB of memory, but NVIDIA is planning to replace it with a new model that features even less VRAM, according to the latest rumors from China's Board Channels.

See full article...

I feel that even for low-end cards 8GB should probably be the minimum amount of vRAM these days.

I also agree, that if a new GPU was released today at the low end, 8GB should be the minimum.

RTX 3050, however, was released at the beginning of 2022. Is anyone really eyeing it right now? Was anyone ever eyeing it? I wouldn't think it is in high demand ATM.

I also agree, that if a new GPU was released today at the low end, 8GB should be the minimum.

RTX 3050, however, was released at the beginning of 2022. Is anyone really eyeing it right now? Was anyone ever eyeing it? I wouldn't think it is in high demand ATM.
Apparently China is

I admit that perhaps I hold the bar too high even for budget cards but I never thought it was a good card to begin with and this only lowers my opinion further. If it was going for ~150 or less I'd feel differently. It just seems like its so close to an iGPU that I just don't get it.

Become a Patron!
Back