Hulu Arrives on Disney+ as a New Beta Channel Ahead of Its Official Spring 2024 Debut

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Hulu has arrived on Disney+ as a new beta channel for subscribers of both services or those who have purchased bundle packages. Hulu's arrival on the streaming platform follows Disney's deal to purchase Comcast's remaining 33% stake in the streaming service. Comcast president Mike Cavanagh commented (via StreamTV Insider) about Disney's first payment of $8.5 billion to Comcast saying that "the check cleared, it’s in the accounts," and also reminded investors at the UBS Global TMT investor conference that this "represents the beginning of the process to value" of Hulu. This first payment is part of an agreement signed in 2019, when Disney took full control of the streaming service, and Hulu, which was previously valued at $27.5 billion, is still undergoing a current valuation process which will affect the amount of any further payment(s) from Disney.

See full article...

Wait, what? I'm confused.

Hulu, a streaming service in its own right, one of the first two major ones, is now a channel in Disney+?

I don't even try to keep up with this **** anymore.

Wait, what? I'm confused.

Hulu, a streaming service in its own right, one of the first two major ones, is now a channel in Disney+?

I don't even try to keep up with this **** anymore.
Disney bought hulu a long time ago so this isn't terribly surprising. Now if this means I can cancel Hulu and just keep Disney + that will include all of my Hulu content....

Disney bought hulu a long time ago so this isn't terribly surprising. Now if this means I can cancel Hulu and just keep Disney + that will include all of my Hulu content....

Ah, thanks. Totally missed that story.

“We’re obviously trying with our pricing strategy to migrate more subs to the advertising supported tier”

Yeah, that just isn’t going to happen. I’ll either keep buying ad free, or cancel all together. I’ve been skipping ads since the TiVo days, I’m not going back

Last edited:
“We’re obviously trying with our pricing strategy to migrate more subs to the advertising supported tie

Yeah, that just isn’t going to happen. I’ll either keep buying ad free, or cancel all together. I’ve been skipping ads since the TiVo days, I’m not going back
Yea I'm running the brave browser for my youtube browsing as it stands.

Become a Patron!
Back