Game Developers Speak Out Against Celebrity Pandering and Automatic Speech Cutoff Notifications at The Game Awards

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Game developers are speaking out about this year's The Game Awards giving more time to celebrities than those getting the awards. The Game Awards just wrapped up on December 7 and while there was a swath of new game announcements it seems that not everyone feels they got a fair deal at the event. Even though it is somewhat common practice for gaming events to pull in celebrities, both those who may be somehow involved in making games and then some who are just popular or have won awards in other industries, one might expect such events to have a focus on the games and the teams who have made them. However, according to a handful of folks from the gaming industry that has taken to social media, it seems that may not have been the case at this year's event.

See full article...

I don't have a horse in this race. I'm not interested in pseudo celebrities like Kojima and Peel, and I care equally little about industry insiders' circle jerk sessions. The only reason to watch the game awards is for new game announcements and reveals.

Become a Patron!
Back