The Day Before Dev Shuts Down Days After the Release of Its “Overwhelmingly Negative” Post-Apocalyptic Open-World MMO: “It Has Failed Financi...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
FNTASTIC has delivered a statement revealing that it's closing its doors permanently, just five days after The Day Before, its post-apocalyptic open-world MMO, released on Steam last week.

See full article...

You had to be in complete denial of reality to not realize it is a full blown scam. I'm kind of surprised they even released something even if it is nowhere near what was promised. Probably did it to avoid lawsuits.

Then shuttered so nobody can actually play it. Wow... I feel sorry for those that lost money to this. But hey... lesson learned.

Evidently, the studio changed their name back to "Eight Points" and still exists. As if there weren't enough red flags with this pile of crap already.

I simply hope that the players who thought they were buying a "genre defining MMO" get a refund as that isn't remotely what was delivered. If nothing else, the developers are guilty of using bait and switch tactics and false advertising. I wouldn't buy anything these guys develop going forward until its delivered and the reviews are in.

Which begs the question: "Who the **** still preorders games? When will you learn not to do that?"

I simply hope that the players who thought they were buying a "genre defining MMO" get a refund as that isn't remotely what was delivered. If nothing else, the developers are guilty of using bait and switch tactics and false advertising. I wouldn't buy anything these guys develop going forward until its delivered and the reviews are in.

Which begs the question: "Who the **** still preorders games? When will you learn not to do that?"

No one is getting refunds at this point. They're liquidating the brand to pay off debt. And once it's gone who is left to sue? LLC will be defunct.

Scammed with no reprise.

For this game supposedly noone if the main article is correct

"It’s important to note that we didn’t take any money from the public during the development of The Day Before; there were no pre-orders or crowdfunding campaigns. We worked tirelessly for five years, pouring our blood, sweat, and tears into the game."

"It’s important to note that we didn’t take any money from the public during the development of The Day Before; there were no pre-orders or crowdfunding campaigns. We worked tirelessly for five years, pouring our blood, sweat, and tears into the game."
All so we could fleece you on the back end more convincingly.

If this is accurate, then the "scam" comments that are being thrown around are inaccurate.

"failure" certainly, but scam? no.

Sounds to me like they bit off more than they could chew, scaled back as a result, and couldn't even bring that over the finish line, then as a Hail Mary to save the studio decided to release, and hope they got a little revenue to patch things up (After all it wouldn't be the first game to launch fundamentally broken). But it didn't work for them. Oh well.

If this is accurate, then the "scam" comments that are being thrown around are inaccurate.

"failure" certainly, but scam? no.

Sounds to me like they bit off more than they could chew, scaled back as a result, and couldn't even bring that over the finish line, then as a Hail Mary to save the studio decided to release, and hope they got a little revenue to patch things up (After all it wouldn't be the first game to launch fundamentally broken). But it didn't work for them. Oh well.
I think the scam part is that they released a different type of game then was promised , had they done a CP2077 type of thing they might have been able to still try and fix the game, not that I see that working out seeing they ran out of money and not sure that they would have gotten the sales to continue working on the game.

Become a Patron!
Back