NVIDIA Announces DOOM 30th Anniversary RTX 4090 Sweepstakes Where One Lucky Winner Will Receive a Custom Edition Card

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
There's no reason to stop celebrating Doom's 30th anniversary yet as NVIDIA has announced a DOOM RTX 4090 giveaway. Doom turned 30 over the weekend on December 10, and NVIDIA has created a custom backplate featuring the iconic Doom Slayer jumping into action amid a horde of demons. Sadly enough there's only one of these custom edition cards being given away as there are sure to be plenty of fans that would like to get their hands on one.

See full article...

So generous giving away 1 card. I sure hope it doesn't hurt their bottom line.
To be fair they have been sprinkling out around 1-2 4090 cards every week via various giveaways. Drop one... wait for engagement to wane... drop another... wait for engagement to wane... add, rinse, repeat.

To be fair they have been sprinkling out around 1-2 4090 cards every week via various giveaways. Drop one... wait for engagement to wane... drop another... wait for engagement to wane... add, rinse, repeat.
Too true and I was thinking about that as well but yeah, when it comes to these custom backplate models it sure would be nice if there were more than just one.

I mean, I'd take a free high end GPU, but this really just looks like a regular founders edition with a DOOM sticker.

Way to phone it in.
Yep, it's pretty much the standard practice with these kinds of things. I haven't looked but seems like there should be a site somewhere where folks can order custom backplates. Sort of reminds me of all those custom skins we've seen on gaming chairs. After a while, you can tell the same company is doing the same process for each one.

Yep, it's pretty much the standard practice with these kinds of things. I haven't looked but seems like there should be a site somewhere where folks can order custom backplates. Sort of reminds me of all those custom skins we've seen on gaming chairs. After a while, you can tell the same company is doing the same process for each one.

I seen some youtuber use these guys b4 https://v1tech.com/collections/backplates

Become a Patron!
Back