God of War Voice Actor Christopher Judge Refused to Re-record Young Kratos Lines Done by His Predecessor in the Original Games

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
God of War voice actor Christopher Judge shared his admiration and respect for his predecessor when asked about the previous games. The actor who had first become famous for his defining portrayal of Teal'c in Stargate has gone to take on voice acting roles in not just God Of War but also T'Challa (aka The Black Panther) in Marvel's Avengers, 2008's Turok, Starcraft II, World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth, to name a few.

See full article...

“'I’m not going to stand up here, making long speeches. I’m going to stick to the script. No eight-minute speech like last year,' Judge said, referencing the 2022 award ceremony when he won Best Performance for his role as Kratos in God of War Ragnarok. 'But fun fact, my speech was actually longer than this year’s Call of Duty campaign,' he added."

"The developers were none too happy with the joke..." Oh come the f*ck on you whiny asshats. If you were gonna be so butthurt maybe you shoulda made a longer campaign. They seriously got offended by this? B*tch please.

“'I’m not going to stand up here, making long speeches. I’m going to stick to the script. No eight-minute speech like last year,' Judge said, referencing the 2022 award ceremony when he won Best Performance for his role as Kratos in God of War Ragnarok. 'But fun fact, my speech was actually longer than this year’s Call of Duty campaign,' he added."

"The developers were none too happy with the joke..." Oh come the f*ck on you whiny asshats. If you were gonna be so butthurt maybe you shoulda made a longer campaign. They seriously got offended by this? B*tch please.
Yeah, by the time he was making the joke a lot of other folks had already spoken up about it. I read the response(s) from them, it was the next day if I remember correctly and they tried to basically play it up like he was in poor taste with it. Obviously a little sensitive on the subject it would seem. Personally, I thought it was a good joke and I've heard similar ones for games I like but never took offense over.

Here's a tweet with some combined responses in it.

Game devs getting butthurt at their campaign being short... there was a solution to that. Your bosses chose to not implement that solution. Just nod and say.. "Yep it was shorter than we wanted but it was out of development's hands.... this isn't lyrian studious you know."

Yeah, by the time he was making the joke a lot of other folks had already spoken up about it. I read the response(s) from them, it was the next day if I remember correctly and they tried to basically play it up like he was in poor taste with it. Obviously a little sensitive on the subject it would seem. Personally, I thought it was a good joke and I've heard similar ones for games I like but never took offense over.

Here's a tweet with some combined responses in it.

Wooooooooow, bragging about their sh1tty derivative pump-em-out-every-year CoD series having better sales and player metrics than all the GoW games?! That's like bragging about that mass-market PoS console the Nintendo Wii being the best-selling console of all time because of all the non-gamers that bought it (and then abandoned it). That system had more shovelware crap on it than any other console in the entire history of video games. Anyone who has been in the game industry even a short amount of time would know that just because a game sells well doesn't mean it's good, and that many good games have sold very poorly. Also are they really comparing a mainly multiplayer game series to a single-player one?! I bet if you compare the number of REAL video gamers that play the God of War series vs the CoD series you'll find GoW has the higher number of players. And then these CoD devs act like what was said about their latest game is something new, and not what people have been saying for decades. It's like they are all brand-new to the game industry or something. The only thing they've done is make themselves look even more stupid and laughable. Hard to wrap my brain around how utterly stupid these dumb f*cking morons are. And geez, so touchy and sensitive, aaawww they got their feelings hurt by an old-@ss joke. What Chris Judge said (and when he said it) was hilarious. Not to mention these CoD devs are taking this crappy TGA show a little bit too d4mn seriously.

Become a Patron!
Back