Konami Is Reportedly Working on Remaking the First Metal Gear Solid Game Which Will Be a PlayStation 5 Exclusive

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Konami is reportedly working on another remake in the Metal Gear Solid franchise and this time the first installment is getting the upgrade. At this point, it's no secret that the third game, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, is getting the remake treatment to which Konami has added the delta symbol to indicating the newer version. It is now titled Metal Gear Solid Δ: Snake Eater, and could arrive sometime in 2024. Konami appears to be following the trend seen with Capcom and its Resident Evil remakes in that it isn't approaching the franchise in order but at least the first game wasn't far off in the pipeline. Spanish gaming site, Areajugones, has reported they've got inside information that Konami is reportedly working on doing a remake of the first game and that it will be a PlayStation 5 exclusive.

See full article...

Another remake?! There was already Twin Snakes on Gamecube (which used the engine from MGS2 if I am not mistaken).

Another remake?! There was already Twin Snakes on Gamecube (which used the engine from MGS2 if I am not mistaken).
Seems to be the way these days. UE5 is the golden child for remakes and if the IP owners don't do it the modding community will so I bet they figure they might as well cash in. I frequent DSOG a lot and you wouldn't believe how many fan-made games are out there that someone has ported into UE. I know it's not the same thing but I think that most studios figure why not if there's enough well known branding or fanbase available.

I'm mixed on it at best but there are plenty of games I do enjoy seeing getting upgraded but would also be happy if we got quality new IPs as well. I figure it's just another ebb-and-flow kind of thing for the industry and perhaps, if we're lucky, it will open the door for new stuff down the road.

Become a Patron!
Back