2023 Steam Awards Winners Announced, including Baldur’s Gate 3 (Game of the Year) and Starfield (Most Innovative Gameplay)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Valve has published its list of winners for the 2023 Steam Awards, revealing Baldur's Gate 3 to be the Steam community's most cherished game of the year, winning not only the Game of the Year Award, but also the award for Outstanding Story-Rich Game.

See full article...

Gz to my fellow countrymen for GOTY.

Kinda sad to see those old console games grabbing awards, not that they are bad games, more that it shows that there are not that many popular enough PC games to overshadow them.

more that it shows that there are not that many popular enough PC games to overshadow them
You mean games designed for PC first? Cuz technically these are all multiplatform games, and since we're talking Steam Awards, these are specifically the PC versions. Baldur's Gate 3 also came out on the 9th-gen consoles. But indeed it came out on PC first, and was designed for PC first and foremost. Whereas most games are designed for consoles them ported to PC (often lazily). But is that what you meant, that we don't usually see games designed primarily for PC winning awards?

After @Grimlakin 's recommendations I went ahead and got BG3. I've only put minimal time into it so far but it does like it'll be fun and looking forward to playing in the spring/summer. I was shocked at how immersive it is with a controller and moving the camera/views. I was expecting to primarily play it with K+M but tried a controller after reading some posts stating how the game does a good job of supporting controllers. Right now though, I'm about 40% in on RDR2, only took 4-5 years for me to get into it, and I expect to be playing until around Feb-Mar before I finish.

Starfield. Yet another game I really want to like but just not ready to get into. Maybe it'll take 4-5 years as well. lol!

The only thing that might interrupt my time with BG3 could be the launch of GoW Ragnarok or Horizon Forbidden West since I'm kind of expecting one to launch in the first quarter and maybe the other not long after that.

After he you've adjusted to the rather good voice acting and depth in the game.. cast speak with animals on yourself and talk to critters . Yep.. voice acted. Also if you change your hot barbarian to say a bard . They have class specific voiceovers for all of those possibilities as well!!! It's shocking.

Dropping this here, more as a kind of repeat of the kinds of spoofs that were made back in the day when LOTR was winning awards. There's a few variations of this kind of stuff but I thought this was pretty awesome.

Dropping this here, more as a kind of repeat of the kinds of spoofs that were made back in the day when LOTR was winning awards. There's a few variations of this kind of stuff but I thought this was pretty awesome.

A friend at work showed me this. Hilarious.

Become a Patron!
Back