MSI Teases Steam Deck Competitor, New Gaming Monitors, and More Ahead of CES 2024

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MSI has taken to Instagram to show off some of the gaming products that it will be showing off at this year's CES show, which officially begins next week on Tuesday, January 9 in Las Vegas.

See full article...

Specs or it doesnt exist. Also (to get this obligatory question out of the way) Can it run Crysis?

MSI can stick it, one time they , ' teased' a nice monitor I held a purchase for 1+ year and was never released.

Rumor is that it is using Meteor Lake, which would be very intriguing if so, seeing Meteor Lake move into mobile handheld gaming would be huge, definitely exciting.

I think handheld are more in need of gpu power than anything else.

Hmm.

Having used the Steam Deck for a good while - I'm not sure GPU power would be at the top of my list.

Sure, more would be better, but if I think of the entire package - right now the biggest complaint I have about my Steam Deck is the fact that it can maybe get 90 minutes of battery life if it's playing something substantial, and my #2 complaint would be that it can get pretty warm and/or noisy while doing so. That's just how much the already meager GPU eats... putting more GPU in there, without addressing that, only makes the #1 and #2 problems that much worse.

I think with respect to where the tech is - the handhelds are striking a pretty good balance between speed and portability. After all, if you didn't care about portability at all, then you'd just be on your desktop.

I think with respect to where the tech is - the handhelds are striking a pretty good balance between speed and portability. After all, if you didn't care about portability at all, then you'd just be on your desktop.

To me it feels more or less the same as a gaming laptop, the tech is cool the performance sub par and battery life inexistant. I"ve seen tons of high end PC gamers/enthousiasts embrace these things and all of a sudden find 900p low settings at 30fps acceptable.

A 3DS would give you a better portable gaming experience then these things.

A 3DS would give you a better portable gaming experience then these things.
I do not disagree. I find that when I game with the Steam Deck, I play different types of games than I do on the desktop. Pretty much like what I did with the 3DS. And the 3DS ran for hours and hours on a charge, would fit in your front pocket, and didn't even think about running warm or needing a cooling fan.

I do not disagree. I find that when I game with the Steam Deck, I play different types of games than I do on the desktop. Pretty much like what I did with the 3DS. And the 3DS ran for hours and hours on a charge, would fit in your front pocket, and didn't even think about running warm or needing a cooling fan.
Give me my old Gameboy advance and that would keep me as entertained as these other handhelds.

Give me my old Gameboy advance and that would keep me as entertained as these other handhelds.

Meh, I dunno. I play gameboy, nes, snes, etc... games on my Deck and enjoy not having to switch out game media when I want to play another one. Not sure on the battery life while doing this as I am usually in a car traveling somewhere with it plugged into a charger.

Become a Patron!
Back