“This is the Way”: The Mandalorian Movie Announced from Lucasfilm and Director Jon Favreau

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Lucasfilm has announced that it is developing The Mandalorian & Grogu, a new Star Wars film inspired by one of Disney's most successful streaming series.

See full article...

As long as Favreau has the helm I'm all for it. If Kathleen gets her hands in it that would be the death knell.

I hope that's just a working title and not the actual title of the movie. Grogu is not that interesting, sure it sold some toys for the first time since Disney took over, but the series already exhausted all the mileage from Grogu in its first season.

Plus rumor has it that Filoni is really in charge, which means they'll just put Ashoka in it and make it lame anyway.

Although I've mostly enjoyed the series I admit that I was a bit bummed to hear about this. I am a little intrigued about the Filoni pre-Jedi project that's supposed to explore how they came into being but that's the only thing I've heard of recently that sounds remotely interesting. I'm just not happy with most of Disney's SW/Marvel stuff anymore. However, I will give credit to the new Percy Jackson series as we've both being enjoying it.

I'm willing to give this a try for sure. I have really enjoyed the Star Wars series over their movies. Hopefully this will stay true to the series.

Become a Patron!
Back