Thermaltake Launches Ceres 330 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis with Support for Hidden-Connector Motherboards from ASUS and MSI

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Thermaltake has launched the Ceres 330 TG ARGB Mid Tower Chassis, "the first chassis that supports a hidden-connector motherboard." The case is compatible with two of the BTF motherboards that ASUS recently unveiled for reducing cable clutter, as well as PROJECT ZERO, a third option from MSI that similarly aims for cleaner aesthetics.

See full article...

I'll rate myself as skeptical on the 'hidden' connectors.

At a minimum, they make the case wider, and require more room to hide the extra cable length that is 'saved'.

At a minimum, they make the case wider, and require more room to hide the extra cable length that is 'saved'.
Wide cases are "in" as putting the PSU behind the motherboard is the latest trend. So there is plenty of room.

I think I have the TG-55 version the full tower variant of this case. Plenty of room. Nice and cool.

I only got into messing with mid-tower cases in the last few years after about a decade of using HAF cases and old school towers.

Overall, mainly thanks to AIOs, I've enjoyed using them but I learned that dealing with the PSU connectors does take some forethought since once everything is installed it can become a PIA to get extra things plugged in after the fact once most the ports have been used nor are all connectors long enough to allow you to attach everything before installing it. Although I'm not a fan of the external design either I do like the removable panel that gives complete access and then being able to re-cover it. Something that I'd really like on my H7 Flow.

Cablemods to the rescue, or maybe brands will start releasing specific PSU's for this, like Corsair with their PSU's with the side connectors.

I've been tempted to give the MSI Project Zero motherboard a try, but then I'd have to get a compatible case to go along with it, so not sure it's worth it. I've gotten pretty good over the years at cable managing, so they don't really bother me as much as when I first started building. NVME's, and better cable managed fans also helped..;)

Cablemods to the rescue, or maybe brands will start releasing specific PSU's for this, like Corsair with their PSU's with the side connectors.
Could be, biggest issue is that most folks wind up with extra cabling that needs to be shoved 'somewhere'. Having extra SKUs for shorter cabling, or having to spend more after purchase to get it seems like it's going to make for a slow uptake.

Become a Patron!
Back