EK Launches Direct Die AIO CPU Cooler: “First of Its Kind in the Industry”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
EK has announced the EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Direct Die D-RGB – 1700, a direct die AIO solution that is designed specifically for cooling delidded Intel LGA 1700 socket CPUs. According to EK, this product is a "first of its kind" in the industry, developed in collaboration with German overclocker Der8auer.

See full article...

This won't be for everyone given that it requires voiding the CPU warranty and risks destroying the CPU in the process - but I'm betting that when successfully employed, the results will be impressive.

Of course, would want to wait for willing reviews first!

Yep, I actually watched a good vid of his not too long ago where did some testing with direct die AIO cooling. He had mixed results with it. They were good but not always as good as expected but if I remember correctly it also involved using a kit that needed a little upgrading.

If Der8auer put his name on it it'll be good. I can't think of a bad product he's helped develop.
The stand-alone direct-die block that they did had mediocre to terrible results for a lot of folks.

To me this means that they've had time to address outstanding issues, which largely related to ensuring good contact with the die, and leaves the question as to whether they've managed to do that or not.

Who is this supposed to be marketed for? If you’re willing to delid your CPU, you’ll probably want a custom loop with higher quality components what you get in an AIO

Become a Patron!
Back