New Star Trek Movie Coming from Star Wars Andor Director

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Deadline has learned that Paramount has hired Toby Haynes Star Wars: Andor, Black Mirror) to direct a new Star Trek movie. Plot details are unknown, but the movie is said to be another origin story, one that is being developed with the intention of expanding the Star Trek universe. Haynes' credits include directing duties for six episodes of Andor, Disney and Lucasfilm's streaming series centered on the Star Wars: Rogue One character, and two episodes of Black Mirror for Netflix.

See full article...

I'm always skeptical of any Nu Trek venture. However, the director seems like a solid choice for such a project.

It's a prequel for the reboot that nobody wanted. Color me not excited the least bit.

Trek is dead, just like Doctor Who

Maybe one day it'll come back in a good form

(and I am speaking from an educated opinion as I've seen all of Discovery, all of Picard, all of SNW)

The only good one is Lower Decks, I'm lovin that one, they know Star Trek

Huge fan of Lower Decks as well. I've tried sticking with Doctor Who but got burnt out even before Smith left and still kept watching. These days its best value is helping me get to sleep. We enjoy moments of SNW but it doesn't quite compare to Lower Decks. The rest, well, are more like a form of punishment than enjoyment.

Become a Patron!
Back