Baldur’s Gate 3 Dev Expresses Support for Games Ownership: “You Won’t Find Our Games on a Subscription Service”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Larian Studios founder and CEO Swen Vincke has claimed that his studio will never allow any of its games to be released on a game subscription service, seemingly crushing any hope that Baldur's Gate 3 might appear on Xbox Game Pass.

See full article...

Smart man. Honestly how dirty subscription services are is what bothers me. Hot new game on the sub service... great after 3-6 months we pulled it. Oh you wanted to play it more. Congratulations your progress is saved and will translate across when you buy the game. Or.. the other one I REALLY like. Play game,. buy expansions as they are not on the sub, or DLC.. Game is pulled from Sub. No refund because if you BUY the game now you get all of your DLC and Expansions as well isn't that great!

I'd like to drink with Swen. Bought my copy from GoG. Diminishing trend but I'll support it when I can find it!
That's where I bought my copy. I was so happy to see they had it.

On the note of Swen's statement, he's said this before in regard to Game Pass or other services, I've done a couple of posts on it, but I'm sure it's coming up again because of the Ubisoft thing. All the more credit to him and the rest of the company though for being so consistent.

Personally on the subscription front in have no issue as long as I can continue to buy standalone.

Too true. To each their own as long as it doesn't remove choices.

Become a Patron!
Back