CD PROJEKT Considering “Multi-Player Elements” for Cyberpunk 2077 Sequel, Forms Team to Look Into How AI Could Be Used for Game Production

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
CD PROJEKT has revealed that it plans to start production of "Polaris," the first in a new trilogy of Witcher games, in 2024, and with it comes a bit of news regarding "Orion," the sequel to Cyberpunk 2077.

See full article...

That's disappointing, I had hoped that the Witcher is over, ended and forgotten. It's also disappointing that they want to mix multiplayer into the...mix.

They are still talking about doing multiplayer in the CP2077 universe? Just let that sh1t go already. No one is into CDPR games for multiplayer. And not every dang game needs multiplayer.

That's disappointing, I had hoped that the Witcher is over, ended and forgotten.
I don't hate the series like you do (I enjoyed 2 and 3), but I agree that the time for CDPR making Witcher games should be over. There were 3 main Witcher games, not to mention other games they did in the universe (like Gwent and Thronebreaker). There's been more than enough Witcher-related games. Move on to something else CDPR. I for one would be down with more sci-fi stuff. Doesn't have to be related to CP2077.

I don't hate the series like you do (I enjoyed 2 and 3),
I don't hate the series, I hate the main character. So if the next game would get rid of Geralt, or perhaps even include a character creator, then I'd be all in on it.

but I agree that the time for CDPR making Witcher games should be over
I don't know, I never played the first game and from what I gathered the remake of that one should launch this year, if reactions are positive I might finally get it.

I'm sorry but I've heard the story about a multiplayer Cyberpunk before. I'll believe that one when I see it.

Of couse ai will fullfill a place. Lots of stuffing textures and such will be the first thing. Voicing characters that otherwise would not second. Generic npc scenes third ( and it could make them better as they could be less repetitive id imagine) . loads of things will happen in the gaming industry.
But also, as these tools become more wide spread they will algo give enormous leverage to small studios. Small studios will be able to deploy these and get closer to multi million dollar production with less money. Thats what i think anyway.

Rumor is the Geralt could make a guest appearance in the next game but there will be a new protagonist.

In terms of CP2077 multiplayer, yeah garbage idea for it but sooner or later someone else will do something similar.

Become a Patron!
Back