Cooler Master Introduces Its 2000W X Mighty Platinum 80+ Power Supply Which Includes Two 90° 12V-2×6 Cables

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
PC owners looking for a great amount of power need look no further as Cooler Master introduces its X Mighty Platinum power supply. Cooler Master debuted its new X Mighty PSU line at CES 2024 where it showed off the new 2000W model and its slightly larger sibling, 2800W version. Don't be fooled by the X Mighty Platinum's wattage potential because the 2000W is 80+ Platinum certified meaning it can achieve an efficiency of 92% during typical workloads. It also supports the ATX 3.1 standard, PCIe 5.1, and comes with two heavy-duty right-angle 12V-2x6 cables capable of delivering up to 600W to two GPUs.

See full article...

• Input Voltage: 200-240V
LOL tons of people that don't read that are going to be PISSED. The future of computer rooms will need dedicated 220 watt outlets just for the PC. F me that's going to need a near enterprise grade UPS. Lets see what google says...

Closest a quick google can give me is a 3000 watt ups that can handle 230v in and out. And it's 1800 bucks.

I saw that too. The specs were copy/pasted from their site so either deliberate or a mistake.

Use an adapter for the dryer plug?
There is a standard for 240V outlets, just not common in homes. A dryer outlet adapter would work though, but if you were running a new dedicated circuit, you would probably get something like this

The 15A version looks like this
1706633265226.png

The slightly beefier 20A
1706633149446.png

There is a standard for 240V outlets, just not common in homes. A dryer outlet adapter would work though, but if you were running a new dedicated circuit, you would probably get something like this

The 15A version looks like this
View attachment 2929

The slightly beefier 20A
View attachment 2928
For sure. I forgot about those, we have some at one of our offices and I remember asking an electrician way back about them because ours were also color coded unlike the other standard plugs in the office.

I saw that too. The specs were copy/pasted from their site so either deliberate or a mistake.

Use an adapter for the dryer plug?

Should work fine here in Europe where we run 200-240v for everything :p

I vageuly remeber one of the techtubers mention something about these PSU's could be that the 2000+W ones were not intended for the US but I could be wrong on this.

you can convert a standard outlet to 220/240 single phase. Which would make sense since you only need 8 amps or so to drive 2000 watts.

you can convert a standard outlet to 220/240 single phase. Which would make sense since you only need 8 amps or so to drive 2000 watts.
You can convert a line to 220 single phase. It means ~every~ outlet and/or light fixture on that line is going to get converted as well. It's typical for US households to run all the outlets in a room, or even a group or rooms, on a single line. Very rarely do you see just a single outlet on a breaker unless it's something like an electric dryer or electric stove.

And, while technically it will work fine just swapping the neutral wire over to another hot leg for 220V on a double pole breaker, it's technically against code - as per code, 220V lines are supposed to be colored black and red (both lines hot for 220V), where as 110V are conventionally black/white (hot/neutral). So it would work but it isn't up to code, if that's something that matters to you.

You aren't wrong, just clarifying before someone runs out trying to change one outlet in their home office by just swapping the neutral wire, only to blow a bunch of stuff up.

Become a Patron!
Back