Former Volition Studio Developers Have Formed a New Studio and Are Now Co-developing Clockwork Revolution with inXile Entertainment

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
A group of former Volition Studio (Saints Row 1-4) veterans have joined together to form Shapeshifter Games and are now working with inXile Entertainment (The Bards Tale 1-4 and ARPG, Wasteland 2-3 and remastered). The two studios are collaborating to co-develop Clockwork Revolution, a steampunk RPG that was revealed last June at the Xbox Games Showcase 2023. It also turns out the two studios already have a history together going all the way back to the 1990s when inXile Entertainment's CEO left Interplay to form his own studio and published classics like FreeSpace and Descent.

See full article...

It's good to know that it is classic saints row devs and not the woke remake. It would be even better if it was 1-3 only, as 4 was already a bit iffy.

I never heard about inXile, all that comes to mind from the 90s is Xatrix.

My experience with inXile has mainly just been with the Bard's Tale games. I'm a huge fan of the 1st and ARPG game's. I liked the last one also but never got far into it.

I never heard about inXile
They made the wasteland games the first one is what was the inpiration for the original fallout series.

Played a decent chunk of wasteland 2, decent game for a crowdfunded one, should finish it someday and do the third one too.

Become a Patron!
Back