YouTube Music and Premium Crosses 100 Million Subscribers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
YouTube Music and Premium has managed to cross 100 million subscribers, "including trials," Adam Smith, Vice President of Product Management at YouTube, announced today.

See full article...

We've had premium for a couple years now. We consume a lot of youtube and it's worth the small price for no ads.

Yea I've tinkered with YouTube premium... Strongly consider it to support the channels I sub to.... But .. I haven't paid yet.

I can’t think of much on you tube I’m willing to watch the ads for. There is nothing I’ve seen that I’d be willing to pay for

I had YouTube TV for 10 hours, because I needed it to watch the superbowl last year. Fortunately they had a 7 day trial, and didn't disable it for Superbowl. It was canceled before the MVP was awarded.

Now every time something steers me to Youtube, I get the "Come back to TV again!" pop up.

Premium is an anti service as it provides a worse experience than not having it. It drove me up every wall when I tried it, couldn't wait for the trial period to finally end so things would go back to the relative normal.

Premium is an anti service as it provides a worse experience than not having it. It drove me up every wall when I tried it, couldn't wait for the trial period to finally end so things would go back to the relative normal.
There's literally no difference between premium and non-premium other than no ads. Not sure what you are talking about.

Never tried and not intending to but I do know folks who like it. About the only thing I watch on YT are concerts, GamersNexus vids, and occasional trailers, so not really worth it for me. If they start pay walling quality levels (I've seen some 1080p premium junk) more I might think about it but just as likely to avoid and look elsewhere if/when that happens.

Become a Patron!
Back