Most PC Gamers Find AAA Games Too Expensive, Survey Finds

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ultra, a "complete PC gaming hub created by AAA talent" from Ubisoft, PlayStation, Nintendo, and other companies, has shared the results of a survey in which 2,000 PC gamers across the US and UK were asked as to how they purchase, trade, and sell their digital video games.

See full article...

let's buy everything digital cuz it's easy, then complain we can't resell those games.

Suprised by the blockhain results, tought that was dead, me wrong it seems

Some of that made sense. Some of that feels like the questions were phrased concentrate specific responses. Or didn't explain impact.

You know why I want in a game now .. especially an RPG. AI driven companions. Specifically local AI. Doesn't have to be high end. But something more intelligent than comment loops.

Make it optional and make the game actually use a ton of ram if you enable it. Or give players a scale of how much ram to use for the AI. That would be impressive. At least to me.

Last edited:
When they start actually delivering $60/$70 FULL games maybe I might start buying them. I buy the good ones. Spider-Man Remastered is a great example. Awesome port, DLC included and zero micro-transactions. I'd love to buy Helldivers 2 but putting invasive DRM in a co-op game so they can protect their micro-transactions. **** that ****.

let's buy everything digital cuz it's easy, then complain we can't resell those games.

Suprised by the blockhain results, tought that was dead, me wrong it seems
Nah, the blockchain thing is definitely not true, I don't know what crowd they asked or how they framed the question to get that result.

Edit: This Ultra is literally a blockchain company, they even have their own crypto: ultra coin. So of course they'd publish results like that.

The whole angle of the survey is blockchain games are good because you can resell them. Yeah, for 0.00001% of price.

Last edited:
When they start actually delivering $60/$70 FULL games maybe I might start buying them. I buy the good ones. Spider-Man Remastered is a great example. Awesome port, DLC included and zero micro-transactions. I'd love to buy Helldivers 2 but putting invasive DRM in a co-op game so they can protect their micro-transactions. **** that ****.
Nah.

$29.99 is max price I'm willing to pay for most titles.

Only exceptions are games from franchises I am a huge fan of, which I will buy at launch, but one of those 3 was just canceled...

And yeah, again, with some narrow exceptions I don't do DLC or micro-transactions (Only exception thus far has been the packs I've bough in Sid Meier's Civilization)

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back