Amazon Removes Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos from Prime Video’s Basic Tier

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Amazon Prime members who want to enjoy Prime Video with Dolby Vision and/or Dolby Atmos will need to step up to the streamer's new ad-free plan, according to a pair of reports that can confirm both of these features have been removed from what was the standard version of the service.

See full article...

At this point I keep Prime for shopping benefits and some of the music stuff but it sure seems like they're going out of their way to drive away folks from video. Granted, it's never been that great to begin with. Some of the worst buffering of any service I've used with Paramount+ being nearly neck and neck in the same regard. At this point I'd say their video platform's greatest strength is the ability to incorporate other subscriptions into it but I found that even to be annoying since I couldn't use the ones I already have separately.

Apparently my annual membership renewed back in January, but I stopped the auto-renew on it. We'll see how I feel once I get closer to that.

I don't get great shopping benefits from Amazon. Most of the time they just hand the packages off to the post office and "next day" becomes three-day shipping. They aren't always the best deal, and a lot of what they carry is counterfeit junk. No hassle returns were nice, but lately I've been getting some stuff where they just won't accept a return, even on defective items. The only thing we really kept it around for was because of Video, and it was easy to tie in subscriptions from other services: used to be HBO but no longer, we still have Paramount and occasionally Stars through here - but all of that can be done without Amazon.

So I'm pretty well tired of Amazon.

Become a Patron!
Back