Fantastic Four Cast and New Release Date Revealed by Marvel Studios

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Marvel Studios is celebrating Valentine's Day today by revealing its cast for Fantastic Four, Hollywood's latest attempt at bringing the popular superhero family to the big screen.

See full article...

Third time's a charm?

Pedro instead of John ... I can't really see either of them in the role.

Interesting..., going from what I have seen of the various talent's work I have no objections... though Pedro seems... odd?

Good luck with this. FF4 has always been a favorite of mine but they've really had a hard time translating it to the big screen. I've got nothing against the casting, also agree that Pedro is odd but he's popular right now so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it.

Meanwhile, Madame Webb is beyond being called a train wreck. I read a summary of reviews yesterday and evidently its even worse than what the trailer looked like.

Third time's a charm?
Wouldn't this be the 4th time? Cuz I thought the 3rd time was: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantastic_Four_(2015_film)
Which honestly I didn't even remember this existed until I read your post. I don't know anyone who saw it.

Meanwhile, Madame Webb is beyond being called a train wreck. I read a summary of reviews yesterday and evidently its even worse than what the trailer looked like.
Hahahahahahaha, geeeezus!

Technically the 5th attempt.

Yeah, I was reading some article a couple of weeks back talking about the Roger Corman one. Of course, most of us have known about it since the day it was filmed and bootlegs have been around for decades but I was totally shocked that the article had a YT link and it was even an actual Marvel link. Skimmed through most of it but it was amusing for the 20-30 minutes I put into it. Definitely a product of the 80s-90s but no worse than the TV Justice League pilot that I saw a while back. Like I said, I'm a big fan of FF4 and especially the John Byrne material from the 80s. Mostly awesome stuff that I recommend to all. The Mephisto storyline was one of my favorites as was just about anything with Doom or Galactus.

We were watching some of the later 90s cartoon episodes a couple of weeks back, probably the same day I found that Corman article and some of them weren't as bad as I remembered, but still not great as compared to the X-Men or Spider-Man cartoons of the day but not horrible either.

I didn't mind the ones with Alba, Evans, and the crew but was completely annoyed by how they did Doom (my all-time favorite villain) and even more annoyed with what they did with Galactus. I did like having Fishburne do the voiceover for the Silver Surfer though. That was pretty cool. I didn't mind the actor for Doom but they really need someone who could do an Eastern European accent. I think Mads could have fun even though the accent would be totally wrong but I believe he could nail the part. They also need to make the character different than just a power-mad egomaniac. Doom wanted to rule not just to be in control but to prevent others from harming those who trusted and depended on him. The storyline of him wanting to take on Mephisto just to save his mother's soul is pretty major as well.

Technically the 5th attempt.

Yeah, I was reading some article a couple of weeks back talking about the Roger Corman one. Of course, most of us have known about it since the day it was filmed and bootlegs have been around for decades but I was totally shocked that the article had a YT link and it was even an actual Marvel link. Skimmed through most of it but it was amusing for the 20-30 minutes I put into it. Definitely a product of the 80s-90s but no worse than the TV Justice League pilot that I saw a while back. Like I said, I'm a big fan of FF4 and especially the John Byrne material from the 80s. Mostly awesome stuff that I recommend to all. The Mephisto storyline was one of my favorites as was just about anything with Doom or Galactus.

We were watching some of the later 90s cartoon episodes a couple of weeks back, probably the same day I found that Corman article and some of them weren't as bad as I remembered, but still not great as compared to the X-Men or Spider-Man cartoons of the day but not horrible either.

I didn't mind the ones with Alba, Evans, and the crew but was completely annoyed by how they did Doom (my all-time favorite villain) and even more annoyed with what they did with Galactus. I did like having Fishburne do the voiceover for the Silver Surfer though. That was pretty cool. I didn't mind the actor for Doom but they really need someone who could do an Eastern European accent. I think Mads could have fun even though the accent would be totally wrong but I believe he could nail the part. They also need to make the character different than just a power-mad egomaniac. Doom wanted to rule not just to be in control but to prevent others from harming those who trusted and depended on him. The storyline of him wanting to take on Mephisto just to save his mother's soul is pretty major as well.
Unfortunately a lot of the good story lines in the comics either don't make the big screen or they just get horribly done when they do get done.

Fantastic four is one of those things that sounds great in theory, but they always end up doing awful adaptations. I don't think there as anything else they tried so many times to adopt. After so many failed attempts you'd think they'd just give up. I don't think this will be it either, unfortunately. Pedro screams "I'm only here because of my recent popularity, not because I'm any good for the role"

Become a Patron!
Back