GameScent Is an AI-Powered Device That Releases Scents During Gaming

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The GameScent, a new AI-powered, plug-and-play device that lets users smell the game worlds they're playing via an adapter that allows the device to use real-time audio cues to dispense a scent, is now available for purchase at several major retailers.

See full article...

So now in your racing game if you pass over day-old skunk roadkill, do you get the authentic experience?

Definitely not playing a WW2 sim that involves anything like a concentration camp. Or submarine duty... I don't need to smell that level of funk!

WHAAAAT IN THE ACTUAL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I REALLY don't wanna smell a video game if I am in the sewers, or horse stables, or I dunno, when the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day is singing to me. In fact, in all my decades of playing video games, most of the places I've been to inside those games have made me very glad I could not smell those environments.

And if it's a place that smells good, like inside a bakery, well I don't enjoy being teased. If I can smell good food but can't eat good food, then I'll be pissed. So good smells or bad smells, either way a device like this would piss me off.

EDIT: I see now there are only 6 scents available. So much for a fancy AI-powered device. Not that I was in any hurry to smell an in-game bathroom.

About halfway through my RDR2 play through right now and I without a doubt say I'd never want that experience with that game. Having been around enough farms and such in my life I've already thought about that with all the town/ranch/livestock stuff.

Sure there's positives with traveling in the mountains, forests, and such, but still a hard no.

About halfway through my RDR2 play through right now and I without a doubt say I'd never want that experience with that game. Having been around enough farms and such in my life I've already thought about that with all the town/ranch/livestock stuff.

Sure there's positives with traveling in the mountains, forests, and such, but still a hard no.
You should play that autopsy game from another news post on it.

RDR2 was one of the games that came to mind when I saw this device. NO THANKS.

Can you imagine a staff meeting where integrating this hardware into a game is discussed:
"So, solely for research purposes ... what do sweaty horse testicles smell like?"

Can you imagine a staff meeting where integrating this hardware into a game is discussed:
"So, solely for research purposes ... what do sweaty horse testicles smell like?"
Imagine a staff meeting where you can smell your coworders -.-

Become a Patron!
Back